Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately today I lost my job at a steakhouse I was working at for about a month now. I got into work tonight and had one of the managers request my presence so I sat down and asked what was up. Last Saturday while working I had messed up an order on a table and the wrong food came out. Now in the entire month and a half of me working there this was my ONLY mistake. At the time I was swamped with tables and of course, no surprise, I slipped up and made a mistake. Now these people whose orders I messed up, even though they tipped me the appropriate amount, decided to email the place about it. Since it's corporate run the big wigs had seen the email and passed down orders to terminate me.

Real nice huh? It's like sending a kid to school who has trouble reading, so they expel him. I'm a new employee who made a mistake, a common thing that happens. I wasn't rude or anything, I am always very friendly when I work and disgustingly sweet. So much that it literally sickens me when I leave. I feel that the punishment doesn't fit the crime and I know that my boss didn't hesitate to do this because for some reason even though I was ALWAYS nice, respectful, and ****in' sweet as sugar to him, he just didn't like me. Now I am 100% serious here, I don't feel this was any real reason to do this and I really feel like I've been screwed royally here.

Anyway, for my exit. I wasn't mad, or stomping around, I calmly walked downstairs where my boss was standing around being all high and mighty. I asked him if he thought this was remotely right and he stood behind his corporate shit speech about how this is company policy and that he'd prefer I left and not be mad about it. I said,

"Look dude, I'm not one to get mad over things like this and stomp out or kick over a table or a host station."

Then I screamed out, right in the middle of the dinner crowd....

"OH MY GOD!!! IS THAT A RAT?!?! HOLY SHIT IT'S HUGE!!!!"

Several people paniced and started freaking out thinking there was a huge rat in the building I then looked at my boss with a wicked ass grin and said,

"Like I said, I don't get mad, I get even. Later."

And stroooooooooooooolllllllllled out the door.

Now, the only reason I did this is because I KNOW he played some dirty hand in this because to me this whole thing seems wrong. I know people who have made worse mistakes than I had and never got fired for it so fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck him and his gay ass restaurant. Dope OUT!

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
sweet deal! I'll have to remember something like that sometime :)

Then I would leave some rubber in the parking lot..... lol, power brake right infront of the main doors when they are opened....mmmmm... would you like some burning rubber with that steak? :)

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Thats Awesome man! Way to stick it to them! Thats a really good way to go about it because you didnt hurt anyone, destroy any property, or do any physical damage. So that way they cant do anything against you.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude.....what I just don't get.............is the people who complained. The person ****ed up your order and it must have pissed you off. If you're unsatisfied with the way I served you,

DON'T ****IN' TIP ME!!!!

Ok?! You don't email the corps like a little cowardly bitch, just stiff me. If I don't get a tip, I'll learn a lesson and HAVE A JOB! Some people just complain and hope to get a stupid free dinner out of it, which I hope they choke on but what they don't realize is in their selfish attempt to get some free food they put someone out on the street. Seriously think about who you could be hurting next time you decide to complain about something as dumb as this. Don't get me wrong, if the waiter takes a dump on the plate, by all means, complain and fire his ass, but c'mon. How many times have you gone out to eat and got the wrong food? Happened to me a few times and all I do is say, "'s not what I ordered, I got the ____. It's ok, don't worry about it, just bring me a _______. Thanks." That's what you do. Don't throw a fit, don't be rude, don't be a snot, it was a mistake, people make them, especially if they're new. Get over yourself, you're not that important that you should be offended if your damn $1.88 an hour server made a mistake and brought you the wrong damn food.

*Pissy stram of obcenities*

'k, I'm done.....for now....

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
Sorry to hear about the job. But, remember if the company was petty enough to fire you over a simple mistake made only 1 time then it's their loss not yours and they wouldn't have been a company to work for anyway. Good way to exit though, that must've been funny as hell. Good luck on your new job search pal.

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
This takes me back to my younger days...Unfortunately I was quite a bot more violent about things.

I've been known for the following:

Punching a furniture store manager (just a "love tap" on the chin),
Shoving my name tag into another supervisors face,
Violent diatribes against another supervisor, egging him on to come outside and fight,
Constantly arguing with another manager until I was given the pink slip in the mail to terminate my employment...

Fortunately I grew the Hell up and no longer do this. Whenever I argue with a supervisor nowadays, it is much more civil and things get done in a much better fashion when I handle them that way. It's more like a political debate these days with me.

So Dopestar, you're doing quite well and should be proud that you didn't get into a bad spot with them like I would have when I was your age. Just walking away and leaving it be like you did was the right thing to do. The rat statement however was a must :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
HAHAHA!! :histeric:

You should've added somthing like "By the way, we ran out of soap in the cooks bathroom this morning..." LOL :histeric:

Good job though. and Good Luck searching for a new job.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Sweeeet! I wish I could come up with something like that if I was in a spot like that.......instead I'd probably take a shit in the curry!

Oh BTW, sorry to hear you lost your job but with management like that its probably a bessing in disguise.

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
Heh heh heh.

Got any ideas in case I get fired from Circuit City?

Which reminds me it's about time to go to bed, gotta get used to sleeping at night again by Tuesday when my training starts. First paycheck is gonna be like $50...

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
I waitress when I was in High School and through college. The money was great and 95% of the time so where the people. I only worked in 2 places one was Friendly's and another was Cody's Steak house you can tell when I became old enough to serve liqueur. Any way don't let this detour you it is really great work. A little demanding when a rush comes in and you get in the weeds but otherwise man the cash is good. It sounds like your corporate office should get off there high horse. I will tell you there are mistakes made even by veterans when there is a full house. It fu**ing happens. I can tell you from years of experience you will get managers that are *******s the key is to find an atmosphere that is fun and busy so it really doesn't matter. Anyway go get your self something better now there are plenty of places. Don't give up on the type of job unless you don't like it. There is money to be made. We all make mistakes and for a rookie it was a pretty common one. I can 't even tell you some of the mistakes I seen newbies make and they never got fired it goes with the territory, and so does the response you want more money learn to wait tables better and you'll get your raise.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Well, you made a great exit Dope!!

My brother in law worked for various parts of a LARGE department store for years. Before he left, he drove the delivery trucks, he was their most experienced driver, he was the best paid, but his manager left, then new one didnt like him, she was the biggest bitch in history. He had already handed his notice in to her manager, and decided to cause hell for the next two weeks. WAlking around the building saying things like "where is the ginger bean flicking bitch that tells me how to do my job" and parking his car behind hers, so when she wanted an early finish, she couldnt get one because she couldnt leave.

For that 25 years, he was a good, loyal employee. For that last two weeks he brought the service building down to its knees.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
davesdeville said:
Heh heh heh.

Got any ideas in case I get fired from Circuit City?

Which reminds me it's about time to go to bed, gotta get used to sleeping at night again by Tuesday when my training starts. First paycheck is gonna be like $50...
Yeah, I do actually. Go to the circuit box and cause a power surge, fry all their shit that's plugged in. Being an electronics store that should encompass a buncha PC's, stereos, and expensive ass plasma screen TV's. It's simple enough to do and a hell of a way to step on their toes on the way out. I would do it after I left, come back like a week later and do it.

Yeah I'm going ot a buncha restraunts today but no chains. No corporate places, I wanna go to a nice place that there;s like no more than three of in existance. I've found private businesses are much more enjoyable to work for than franchises. I'm also hitting up auto parts stores. That'd be sweet too. I also put in for a daytime security job at a nursing home. HAHA that'd be sweet DopePatrol. HAHAHA! I want that one the most.

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
I'll be honest, doing what you did took some balls, man! I don't know if I could really do that, even if I was unjustly fired. Good luck with the new job hunt, security at a nursing home would be bad-ass!

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got a job today at a BBQ joint workin' late. Start on Wednesday. Nice private run place a father and son so it looks cool. I should be making more than I did at the Steakhouse. I figure about $200 a week. I'm happy but my hours go as late as 1 or 2 AM.

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
i had a boss that was a complete dick, he was an assistant manager and then he left to be a manager at another store. when he came back the first thing he did was fire me for smoking outback. so i stuck about 300 gay pride stickers on his car.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
93fleetwoodlowlow said:
i had a boss that was a complete dick, he was an assistant manager and then he left to be a manager at another store. when he came back the first thing he did was fire me for smoking outback. so i stuck about 300 gay pride stickers on his car.
Now where did you get 300 gay pride stickers? No! Don't tell me, I don't want to know. Just forget I asked! :suspense:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
powerglide said:
LOL!

:thumbsup: dopestar for a finding a job so quickly!
Congrats
Haha I'm just as good at getting jobs as I am destroying them. My dad told me to have like 10-15 of my friends get a table at that steakhouse and ask for me to be their server. When they hear I've been let go, they all just get pissed off, threaten to email my boss's supervisor and leave all at once. I think I'll organize this..... :lildevil:

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
DopeStar 156 said:
My dad told me to have like 10-15 of my friends get a table at that steakhouse and ask for me to be their server. When they hear I've been let go, they all just get pissed off, threaten to email my boss's supervisor and leave all at once. I think I'll organize this..... :lildevil:
Hahaha, oh man, that's a good one! Congrats on the new job buddy!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts