Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
206 Posts
Great car...but from what I have been reading it is having problems already leaking oil into the engine. I would be very upset spending that much money and only after 800 miles getting stuck somewhere and on a weekend with no dealer open to help me out. You have to use only the oil that the BMW dealer supplies and the damn car doesn't even have a dipstick to check the oil level.
Typical BMW M cars. Had a 02 E46 M3 and had nothing but problems with it.

·
Registered
2008 BMW M3
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found this post and many others like it on M5board.com This was from an M5 owner!!

".....the wheels, the front bumper, the grille are very tasteful. That grille is a work of art when you see it in person.

Overall impressions of the CTS-V - it's a tremendous driving experience and a bargain at the price (and you can find two-month-old ex-GM corporate cars for not much over $40K.)

Oddly - it being a Cadillac and all - it's about the only M5-competitor that can match or beat the M5 for sheer sport-feel. In some respects it's a better driving experience than a stock E39 M5 - the steering is crisper, the brakes are far better, and the stability control has driver-selectable modes that stay out of your way unless you've got the rear end hung out thirty degrees - the ride quality is comparable and the on-board electronics are better.

Downside - the material quality certainly isn't up to BMW spec, outward visibility over those tall front fenders isn't as good, no backup sensor available, and the pedal parking brake is wrong for a manual-transmission car."

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
after seeing this video, except for the poot can sound.. I WANT ONE!! :banana:

Reminds me of the way Wild drives. :spin:

·
Registered
523 Posts
hmmm no wheel hop there, I guess for the extra 40K they give you a solution:alchi:
Jokes aside, The car is a beast and man would it be sweet to own.
The video is killer and shows what the car can do.:highfive:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
'guess you don't need a dipstick if you get full maintenance...

hmm if I traded then I'd have to start cutting people off on the freeway all the while on the cell phone..throw all my clothes away and buy frat boy clothes.. damn it, I don't look good in frat boy clothes..I guess I could tint the windows

·
Banned
340 Posts
Testing its limits? Hardly. Nothing would have pleased me more then seeing it slide into the metal pole.

That being said it does sound fantastic!

Aaron

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Man, sounds very cool...and Dennis, I don't drive like that...remember - I have the hop, hop, hop (but it is close!).

Yeah - I'd take one, but not this year for sure.

WW

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
Now you know what lot boys and valets do when you're not looking! :shhh:

Gawd that looks like fun, nothing like a ride in a new Bimmer that's not yours. Wadda beast!

·
Registered
05 V/corsa/shifter/bushings/stealth tune/cai/19inch hre's
843 Posts
i like the way the v sounds...that thing sounds like a chain saw...a fast one.:duck:

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
All that done with an SMG. Imagine when the manual trans comes out............

·
Registered
163 Posts
Dennisscars said:
'guess you don't need a dipstick if you get full maintenance...

hmm if I traded then I'd have to start cutting people off on the freeway all the while on the cell phone..throw all my clothes away and buy frat boy clothes.. damn it, I don't look good in frat boy clothes..I guess I could tint the windows
well said... you 2nd vehicle could be a 4 runner

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
brtnharv said:
well said... you 2nd vehicle could be a 4 runner
way ahead, second vehicle, Turbo straight line car - Grand National, AWD SUV - Typhoon and sunny day convertible car - '65 Corvette. Got all the bases covered. :D oh yeah none require frat boy clothes and way before cell phones.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was going to say the motor sounds like crap, but "Poot Can" is so much better........... :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

Anyway, very impressive car. It just seems strange that someone would spend all that money on such a nice car and then beat the crap out of it as if it were a two bit whore. :annoyed: I think a car like that deserves better than a high-school inspired tire melting beat-run.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have to disagree, the motor sounds like an F1 engine. The video does not do it justice. I've personally had the pleasure of driving one of these beast. The car is amazing, the sound is incredible, and the electronic gadgets are amazing.

Guys if you ever have a chance to drive one try this. Take it around the block and the car feels comparable to the V as far as seat of the pants feel (hp), but press the power button with the M and it's another animal.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts