Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 CTS4
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2014 CTS V-sport and a few minutes after starting the car (and the climate control is on automatic) I hear a machine gun like noise coming from behind the dash. It's almost like the teeth of one gear are skipping over the teeth of another gear that is not rotating. It seems to happen when the A/C or heat kicks on. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Also, the car has 7K miles on it and it seems like almost all four corners of the suspension are creaking when you go over large bumps (like speed bumps) but it is getting more noticeable even when just driving down the road. Anyone experiencing this?

I know when I take it to the dealer they are not going to be able to "duplicate" the gear grinding noise.

I also had a series of error messages appear on the dash (service front camera, service adaptive cruise control and service park assist) one after another. I took it to the dealer while the error messages were on the dash, they hooked it up to their computer and got some information and then told me to bring the car back (because I didn't have an appointment). When I took the car back the error messages were not there and hence the dealer could not fix the problem. Any takers on this one?

·
Registered
'14 V sport
88 Posts
I've also had a noise happen behind the dash. I thought something was stuck in the fan. It has happened 3 times in my 4 months of ownership, but mine has happened within a couple secs of starting the car and goes away when I first start moving the car. However, I figured out it was actually the stereo doing it because by the 3rd time it happened, I started switching things off. Turned off climate control and it was still there. Turned off stereo and it stopped. Turned the stereo back on and it did not come back that morning. My WAG is that it has something to do with the fake engine noise programming.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
I've heard the noise on three separate occasions. Each time it was when it was cold and I had just started the car. It went away shortly after hearing it and driving the car. I have not heard it in several months now.

12,778 Posts
I've heard the noise on three separate occasions. Each time it was when it was cold and I had just started the car. It went away shortly after hearing it and driving the car. I have not heard it in several months now.
Good Evening all,

I see that some of you are experiencing noise concerns, and we certainly want you to have the best experience possible with your V Sport. Feel free to send me a private message if there is anything that you would like me to research further. Also, please include your full name, VIN, mileage, phone number, and the name of your involved dealership to better assist you.

Enjoy your evening,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2014 VSport 2014 SRX
107 Posts
I've also had a noise happen behind the dash. I thought something was stuck in the fan. It has happened 3 times in my 4 months of ownership, but mine has happened within a couple secs of starting the car and goes away when I first start moving the car. However, I figured out it was actually the stereo doing it because by the 3rd time it happened, I started switching things off. Turned off climate control and it was still there. Turned off stereo and it stopped. Turned the stereo back on and it did not come back that morning. My WAG is that it has something to do with the fake engine noise programming.
Well I have had both noises occur with my car. The noise behind the dash sounded like a blend door or something like that when I heard it, it hasn't happened again. The suspension squeaking has been plauging my car for the longest. I just got it out the shop for the secound time on Thursday. The first time I took it to the dealership they found a bad strut mount. During the winter months the noise is worse. On this second visit they found bad stabilizer bushings and sprayed white lithium grease on the sway bar bushings. I haven't heard anything yet, I would hear it more when im sitting still and turning the wheel left and right as well as going over speed bumps. Well today 2014 Vsport put me on the side of the road. I will post that thread now.

·
Registered
Cadillac technician
669 Posts
The fake engine noise only is active in sport or track modes.
I agree with the blend door or possibly re circulation door actuator. Check for updates to the HVAC system first as I believe the ATS had this same concern and bulletin for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts