Cadillac Owners Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Vendor
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Pre-Orders are back up, not sure how many pre-orders the will release, but I that means we might see cars sooner rather than later if they are producing that many for 2023. A pre-order should mean they are producing a product and it will be delivered, and not moved to a new model year. The allocation system should be separate. If not I would think it is false adversitement.

Pre-order might be for 2024 model. I was wrong, looks like the pre-orders are still for 2023 model.
[/QUOTE
Not sure I follow. Pre-order was for 2023, they sold out. Wait list is now for 2024 (or any pre-orders for 2023 that cancel).
Correct. However......It's all based on allocation that you earn. If Cadillac can't get us the cars you'll see 2023 reservation holders become 2024 model year cars. We have to pray no constraints, supply issues and so on. It's not going to be a perfect world where everyone gets a vehicle right away. It's going to be a process like everything else right now.

· Registered
11 Posts
Correct. However......It's all based on allocation that you earn. If Cadillac can't get us the cars you'll see 2023 reservation holders become 2024 model year cars. We have to pray no constraints, supply issues and so on. It's not going to be a perfect world where everyone gets a vehicle right away. It's going to be a process like everything else right now.
This a shame on Cadillac, they are promoting/advertising a pre-order and I hope it truly turns out that way, but for every pre-order there should be an allocation so that anyone who got a pre-order code and selected their preferred dealer then that dealer should get enough allocations to meet the pre-orders. Then if they still wanted to do the old school allocation that should come second, unless someone drops out. Could you image Apple not meeting their pre-orders? Cadillac’s website advertised pre-order now and the AWD drive will arrive early 2023, if they don't meet that then that is bad on Cadillac and false advertisement, and they took money. Oh, I'm sure Cadillac will have excuses, but I bet there's going to be someone who gets one that didn't have a pre-order, that's why this upsets me.

I took a risk and went with a dealer that I have not worked with before, so far it has been good, I was selected by Cadillac to order early (18th), I'm in IT so that early group was selected to test their site before a rush on the 19th. I'm still waiting on my order number, but I assume they are busy, but have noticed others at the same dealer have their order number, it has me worried I made the wrong choice. I hope they prove me wrong!

I am thankful for the dealership!

· Registered
2016 ELR
1,882 Posts
This is what the site is saying: Maybe they have the terms all mixed up. The other day it said a wait list but now it is saying pre-order, but has the following on the web site.
There is a subtle difference now - they call it a 'pre-order waitlist'. What they did before was the pre-order process, as detailed by the FAQ that was posted. This is the waitlist, as it says on the 2nd line of your screen capture. I do agree it is a bit confusing, with them also throwing in the pre-order word everywhere, but all the 2023 pre-orders are sold out as it says.

· Registered
CTS 2008
62 Posts
This a shame on Cadillac, they are promoting/advertising a pre-order and I hope it truly turns out that way, but for every pre-order there should be an allocation so that anyone who got a pre-order code and selected their preferred dealer then that dealer should get enough allocations to meet the pre-orders. Then if they still wanted to do the old school allocation that should come second, unless someone drops out. Could you image Apple not meeting their pre-orders? Cadillac’s website advertised pre-order now and the AWD drive will arrive early 2023, if they don't meet that then that is bad on Cadillac and false advertisement, and they took money. Oh, I'm sure Cadillac will have excuses, but I bet there's going to be someone who gets one that didn't have a pre-order, that's why this upsets me.

I took a risk and went with a dealer that I have not worked with before, so far it has been good, I was selected by Cadillac to order early (18th), I'm in IT so that early group was selected to test their site before a rush on the 19th. I'm still waiting on my order number, but I assume they are busy, but have noticed others at the same dealer have their order number, it has me worried I made the wrong choice. I hope they prove me wrong!

I am thankful for the dealership!
Why not give the dealership a call to provide your order specs to help move you up in the order process?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.