Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow! Lots of useful information.
They only built 120 cars through May, and there will be less expensive versions for 2024 as well as more expensive versions.
They also want to have a dealer car for test drives at all dealers by year end.

Thank you for finding and sharing! I hope the production has sped up!

The first 2023 Cadillac Lyriq deliveries are expected to begin next week, Automotive News has learned at the Lyriq press drive event. In addition to retail deliveries, Kristin Lewis, marketing manager for the Lyriq, said Cadillac hopes to ship its 642 US dealers a Lyriq for display and customer test drive purposes by the end of 2022.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I’m mixed on the dealer display models. While I’m excited about the potential to experience one in person prior to mine (hopefully) arriving, that’s a lot of vehicles not going to customers if they’re having trouble fulfilling preorders.

edit: I know Ford is doing the same thing with the lightning, but they seem confident in their ability to produce >100k units. I’ve seen nothing suggesting Cadillac expects to come close to that in a single model year.

·
Registered
2016 ELR
682 Posts
I’m mixed on the dealer display models. While I’m excited about the potential to experience one in person prior to mine (hopefully) arriving, that’s a lot of vehicles not going to customers if they’re having trouble fulfilling preorders.
Well, it says 'hope to ship' to dealers for display/test-drives, so perhaps that implies they are prioritizing orders - or can do both based on ramping up volume.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'd change my preorder to a more expensive 2024 model that has rear seat heating and hvac controls if I had a chance. Don't mind paying a couple grand extra for such features.

Also, anyone know what equipment does the China Lyriq's top end model comes with?

·
Registered
2016 ELR
682 Posts
I'd change my preorder to a more expensive 2024 model that has rear seat heating and hvac controls if I had a chance. Don't mind paying a couple grand extra for such features.
If you want that really bad, you should probably sign up for a 2024 pre-order. It is supposed to be available then (unconfirmed of course until the order guide is released). Can always cancel either order - if you don't like the cost of option for 2024, or if you decide not to wait that long and will take the 2023.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you want that really bad, you should probably sign up for a 2024 pre-order. It is supposed to be available then (unconfirmed of course until the order guide is released). Can always cancel either order - if you don't like the cost of option for 2024, or if you decide not to wait that long and will take the 2023.
I already have an actual order number for a 2023 AWD. I'll just wait until the 2024 options are revealed before bothering with another preorder because I'm lazy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts