Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed the reservation process as soon as the gate opened as fast as humanly possible. After entering my credit card information, the system hung with a "We are processing your request. Please do not close this window or click your back button" message.

Not the customer experience I'm used to getting from Cadillac. If the debut was intended to generate support for the new model, I'm afraid it backfired. Also, they need to have a little chat with the programmer who wrote the part where they listed the dealers for your zip code. I live in Texas and had to scroll down several pages to find my local dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You got further than most. It is reported that it took anywhere from 11-19 minutes for the vehicle to sell out. That is not true. It was closer to 15 seconds. Approximately 730 Cadillac dealers have agreed to move forward with Ev's (880 currently). I believe the initial production run was approximately 1,500 units. This would leave 2.05 cars per dealer to sell. All dealers must get a "taste", Michigan or New York markets can't have them all. I surmise there was an algorithm that gave each dealership the ability to sell their allotment. They way I look at it, excellent advertising, Internet chatter is one thing, email notifications, Youtube downloads, Lyric launch sign in, and complaint calls. If this was available at the dealer someone would pay $20k over, there always is someone that pays over sticker. I knew this could happen and set myself up for the best success and still did not prevail.

·
Registered
2005 SRX (Sold); 2008 SRX (Sold); 2011 SRX (Sold); 2014 SRX (Sold); 2017 XT5 (Sold); 2020 XT5
10 Posts
Like Bogaart, I went through the process and the clock on my iPad said it was 3:04 (Central time) when I got the same “We are processing your request…” message with the wheel that just kept spinning. I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, and I suspect that when my local (chosen) dealer’s allotment was “reserved” (likely only 1 or 2 units), any further requests were rejected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I followed the reservation process as soon as the gate opened as fast as humanly possible. After entering my credit card information, the system hung with a "We are processing your request. Please do not close this window or click your back button" message.

Not the customer experience I'm used to getting from Cadillac. If the debut was intended to generate support for the new model, I'm afraid it backfired. Also, they need to have a little chat with the programmer who wrote the part where they listed the dealers for your zip code. I live in Texas and had to scroll down several pages to find my local dealer.
I completed my reservation by 4:03 pm and had the same exact experience. Reached out to Cadillac customer care today and all they could say was "computer glitch on their end and sorry for your troubles, contact your local dealer to place an order". Total BS. They should have planned better for this knowing the interest was going to be overwhelming. I hope their Director of IT gets fired for this. I have waited since January to order this vehicle and now this, I feel like ordering a Tesla just because.......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I received the same email posted by Ninjazone yesterday. No clue whether there was a software glitch on reveal day or Cadillac is quietly increasing the 1500 unit initial release to satisfy disgruntled loyal customers.

I called customer service and they told me the next step is to turn the reservation into an actual order with the dealer, which will start happening in early December. I was at the dealer yesterday getting one of my cars serviced and they had no Lyriq order details, option pricing, or sales brochures yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts