Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
So is this a race car?
Not anymore since those ****ers at GM decided to shitcan the entire program. IIRC, the Northstar was an improving machine. It was never totally embarassed during its run. It signaled a real change for Cadillac. Then, GM pulled the plug and caddy falls down a notch once again. :banghead:

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
SoundAdvantage said:
I would rather Push A Chevy than drive a Ford, The only Ford car i ever liked was the 69' Mach1. Heres to :farting: FORD :farting:
I wonder how many people out there are still brand loyal? I drive the ugliest **** because it's not a ****.

Personally, I'd like a CTS-V and an '05 Mustang in my garage.

If Dodge ever made a 'Cuda or Charger successor, I'd seriously look at them too. If VW ever...and Mazda...and BMW...and...

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
HotRodSaint said:
I wonder how many people out there are still brand loyal? I drive the ugliest **** because it's not a ****.

Personally, I'd like a CTS-V and an '05 Mustang in my garage.

If Dodge ever made a 'Cuda or Charger successor, I'd seriously look at them too. If VW ever...and Mazda...and BMW...and...
Yeah, I perfer GM, I love GM, but some people will just trash Ford so bad, my experience with Ford has been good, and if I like something, then I like it..... I don't like Honda, but there are some cars that I do like from them, if I was spending a set amount of money, there are others I would go for before the Honda, but I don't mind them.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
I got that Caddy race car scale model!!!! They were selling them for $10 a piece. I only bought one.

S

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
scourge said:

nah.....that is one that I perosnally do not like, in fact I do not like any of Honda's "performance cars" I actuallly don't mind the styling of the new Civic (not the hatchback though)

if I wanted a car like you just described, I would get a '88 Fiero GT, and swap a NorthStar in, with a 5spd, and have a car that would kill that Honda in handeling, speed, accel, anything..... proably cheaper, and more fun.... I would perfer that :D

S

·
0 Posts
I see that yu're not familiar with Top Secret's 500hp+ Del Sol. Is it possible that Fiero could beat it? Maybe. Kill it? Ummmmm, no.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
scourge said:
I see that yu're not familiar with Top Secret's 500hp+ Del Sol. Is it possible that Fiero could beat it? Maybe. Kill it? Ummmmm, no.
I would still rather have a Fiero over a Del Sol

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Hell, a Del Sol IS a Fiero, or at least it's damn close. Only problem is, Pontiac had already implemented and abandoned the idea before Honda even stepped up to the plate.

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Sorry but winning in NASCAR doesn't matter from an engineering stance.

Big Crapola on that statement. I was a member of NASCAR from 1976- 1983, and alot of info was traded with Chevy on a weekly basis. Fundamental machining techniques, camshat profiling. valve and spring realtionshops etc , and airflow studies ,contributed a bunch to what is seen today ,,including the Northstar.

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Sorry but winning in NASCAR doesn't matter from an engineering stance.

And just how much do NASCAR racecars of 2003 have in common with their strret nameplate counterparts?

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Certainly more than that Lemans Caddy had in common with the production cars. One example would be refined honing techniques and the use of torque plates on the blok, while honing . The final phase, called 'plateau honing', is being adopted, and the use of improved piston ring material, is also derivitive of racing experience. Coating of internal parts, such as piston skirts, and bearing surfaces, was directly ..Directly..the result of NASCAR team involvement.

ljk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts