Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home this evening and I started feeling slight lurches and then more severe lurches. I had been getting a fair amount of rattling upon acceleration the past few days. I have been hearing dieseling over the last few months and my dealership said it was nothing to worry about. Back to what happened. I exited off the highway and just made it back to my store. As I was driving on the city streets everytime I pushed down on the accelerator I was hearing the rattling and getting very little power and constant soft lurching. Anyone have any ideas. I had a head gasket go on a previous car but that was pretty qucik and a complete loss of power. I have had concerns about the timing chains and also the noisy fuel pump, of which the pump is supposed to be replaced this Friday. My warranty did not want to cover the pump unless it completely failed. Does this sound like a totally failing fuel pump, gasket issue or something else. Needless to say I am really pissed at the dealership since I have had nothing but constant issues with this car. Please send me any feedback. Thanks!!

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
any codes? engine light on?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 2003, Pontiac Trans Am S.E. 1977
210 Posts
How long have you had this CTS? Have you had a tune up lately? What type of gas do you use? Have you tried pouring a bottle of Seafoam injector cleaner into your fuel-tank and taking a trip?

Before I had my tune-up I would have miss-fires, even at high-way speeds it would cut-out. Because of the ethanol in the gas my engine has been acting stranger than usual. I press on the gas at a green light and the car feels like it is in 3rd gear(It might be third gear). I have a rattling noise while accelerating as well. The weld holding my exhaust pipe to the bracket cracked.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles
983 Posts
I was driving home this evening and I started feeling slight lurches and then more severe lurches. I had been getting a fair amount of rattling upon acceleration the past few days. I have been hearing dieseling over the last few months and my dealership said it was nothing to worry about. Back to what happened. I exited off the highway and just made it back to my store. As I was driving on the city streets everytime I pushed down on the accelerator I was hearing the rattling and getting very little power and constant soft lurching. Anyone have any ideas. I had a head gasket go on a previous car but that was pretty qucik and a complete loss of power. I have had concerns about the timing chains and also the noisy fuel pump, of which the pump is supposed to be replaced this Friday. My warranty did not want to cover the pump unless it completely failed. Does this sound like a totally failing fuel pump, gasket issue or something else. Needless to say I am really pissed at the dealership since I have had nothing but constant issues with this car. Please send me any feedback. Thanks!!
when it lurches, does the rpms stay the same ? kinda sounds to me more like a transmission problem. This can be determined by if the rpms correlate with the lurching. Also if teh car is in park is the idle smooth, also if you slowly depress the pedal do you get a slow sustained rpm increase or does it drop out at certain points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts