1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my lumbar bladder is leaking slowly after I pump it up. :(

Anyone ever have this issue?

It's probably not covered under gmpp major guard but there's maybe a slim chance since it is motor driven?..

you guys that work at dealers, any feedback is appreciated..

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
188 Posts
I have the same problem too and wish there was a DIY fix. Hope somebody knows how...

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,732 Posts
It's mechanical. Sounds like the gearing maybe stripped as it's just plastic setup. :)

Norm

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS-V
188 Posts
I was thinking it would be some sort of sealing issue with the pump/bladder hose connections. I haven't tried to break the seat apart yet to find out. Maybe some glue or tape in the right place will solve it.

I guess if the internal pump components are damaged the only fix is to replace.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I believe it's a mechanical roller setup, not an air bladder. Major Guard should cover it because it's a mechanical defect, and not a trim or cosmetic item.

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,732 Posts
You might be able to make it a safety issue stating that it puts you in a certain position to drive or not.
:)

Norm

·
Old guys w/ (kinda) fast cars rock!
'05 CTS-V
66 Posts
Mine's "leaking" too. Had almost convinced myself that it was normal until this thread started. Thanks for the heads-up. Since I'm still under main warranty I'll take it to the dealer next week and see what they have to say.

Hmmm....maybe I can do it the same day I have the "limo tint" removed, made necessary by the nice policeman giving me a ticket for it.:)

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
I hate it when my lumbar leaks. Srsly. :alchi:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts