Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a valet. I drive all sorts of cars. Tempos to Corvettes. I've seen a few Porsche Carreras in my time. Today though, I drove 2 cars that aren't all that common. They were the same car...just different variations. Well sorta 3...but oh well. lol. The late 80's/early 90's Ford midsize coupe. Thunderbird/LSC Mark VII. Equipped with the 5.0 Mustang engine. Those are neat cars. I'm a GM man all the way...but I've always loved Mustangs, and I like most Lincolns. But when you put the 5.0 into a different platform, it makes for a neat car. I loved the rumble. The LSC was sweet though. All the leather, power stuff, mesh wheels, rediculous 80's foglights...lol. Neat car. If I found one for a good price and in good condition, I'd rock one for sure. While researching them online, I found a few guys that did 5 speed swaps. Nice.

:D

Any comments on LSC's / 5.0 "Thunder-Chickens"

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
They're nice, but just as I'd take a SN95 over a Fox I'd take a Mark VIII over a VII.

·
Registered
1995 FTS
4,577 Posts
Seeing that I've owned both a 1986 Mark VII LSC and a 1995 Mark VIII I would choose the Mark VIII over the Mark VII any day of the week. Mark VII was a nice car but to slow for my liking in stock trim but the exterior styling of them is an instant classic

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Yeah, but the first time you put the pedal to the floor on a Mark VIII, you will throw sticks at the Vii. The GROWLLLLL of the motor, the chirp of the 1-2 shift and the speedo zooming toward the 100 MPH mark, it tends to change your mind.

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
I had an 89 Mark VII LSC and that was a bad ass car. You could drive it stock and it'd be everything you'd want it to be both luxury and performance wise. I would reccomend custom installing some backup springs since the suspension on those cars are bagged. Back up springs wouldn't be a bad idea. I've been told there's kits for that, or you could use 5.0 Mustang springs.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I test drove a '93 Mark VIII, very fast car, I turned T/C off at 30mph, and i nailed it, now mind you, it was a little damp out, but when i nailed it at 30, the tires would not catch, and the speedo just jumped up to 55mph in a heartbeat...it was awesome. Its a very nice sounding car also!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts