Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a 2005 cts v. Last Thursday I installed the LS7 clutch kit from Lindsey. In addition to that I replaced the differential bushing with the one from Creative steal. Now with everything installed , I get violent shaking when starting from a dead stop. ( worse when starting on a upward incline ) There is no vibration or shaking when the revving the engine at a stand still. . All other gears work find and after you get going and it grabs well with no vibration. If i start off with lots of revs it seems to be minimal but still not chatter free.

Any ideas on what the problem could be ?

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Some clutches chatter until they a driven a bit. The LS7 unit however, based on reports on this forum, would not seem prone to chatter during break-in. The other possibilities come down to a mistake during installation.

·
Registered
2005 CTS V
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say immediately. At first i thought it was my driving and i needed to get used to the new set up but it just doesn't feel right. Yesterday I had to drive it 9 hours back to my place. ( had it stored in at my parents place about 9 hours away) I called the mechanic there that did the work and he stated he didn't feel anything wrong when he tested it. But as it 9 hours away now, I cant get it back to him. I'm hoping that i can either look at it myself down here or give a mechanic enough info to diagnose it quickly.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V LS6
104 Posts
I just put a twin disk in mine a month ago with zero chatter, nothing but smooth perfect clutch engagement. I would say it's probably that the mechanic misaligned something and it'll have to come back apart.

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
Did you ensure all surfaces where washed down with brake cleaner? Anything foreign (oil, grease, brake fluid from a leaky slave) in there can cause clutches to act weird. That's a full face organic disc so you shouldn't have any chatter at all.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,975 Posts
Did you ensure all surfaces where washed down with brake cleaner? Anything foreign (oil, grease, brake fluid from a leaky slave) in there can cause clutches to act weird. That's a full face organic disc so you shouldn't have any chatter at all.
We've heard this LS7 clutch chatter thing before, and I'm wondering if it isn't just something this simple that wasn't done prior to installation in those cases.

Are there instructions that specify that this should be done? If there isn't, there should be (if that's indeed the cause).

·
Registered
2005 Red CTS-V and a Silver 2005 CTS-V
75 Posts
My LS7 set up chatters a bit as well. I contribute it to the loss of the dual mass flywheel. It gets better with driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts