Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cts-v
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is a bit redundant and there are tons of threads on ls7 clutch issues, but I have yet to find an answer for my issue. I installed a ls7 clutch from luk along with their ls7 slave cylinder pilot bearing and fx racing light weight flywheel kit. Along with the kit I also Installed the speed bleeder polyurethane revshift insert and driveshaft coupler. Here is the link for the clutch kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUK-CLUTCH-KIT-SLAVE-RACING-FLYWHEEL-CORVETTE-C6-6-0L-LS2-6-2L-LS3-Z06-7-0L-LS7-/161040867768?hash=item257ec8a1b8. After installing the clutch it worked good with first and reverse being a little hard to select. After about 6 months first and reverse is getting harder to engage. Sometimes but not all the time ill put it in reverse and it'll grind. Ive bleed the heck out of the clutch many many times and the issue is still there. My question is does anyone know if the fx racing lightweight flywheel is any thinner than the ls7 flywheel? I'm wondering if this is the issue requiring shims or if I need to replace the master cylinder. The master cylinder is stock with 130k miles on it. Ive been kinda leaning towards the pmc. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciate!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts