Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear from members that have driven both, on noticable differences between the two engines. I am looking to buy soon, and I am open to buying new or getting a low mileage used V. I did a search and came up empty on the direct comparisons.

Also, I have read about the 06+ differential being a better design, any other differences that are worth mentioning.

Thanks in advance,
Craig

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
I haven't driven both so take my opinion for what its worth.

The LS6 is a great motor and so is the ls2.

Is one better than the other? I'd say no.

If your looking at either vehicle I'd say take the better of the two and don't let the engine designation be the determing factor.

In corvettes they are about the same with the lighter ls6 engined Z06 with better gearing often the slightly faster car.

but not by much. a tenth of a second is more due to the gearing and lighter weight of the C5 Z06 vs the slightly heavier C6.

HTH

JB

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
I sure like the Torque curve on my Truck motor. :bouncy:

The LS is an awesome design, Haven't driven a car with it yet but whether you get the LS2 or LS6 it begs for modifications and responds nicely. :thumbsup:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,986 Posts
LOVE my LS6, but truth be told, the LS2 is the way to go if you stay stock. More hp under the curve and more peak hp to the rear wheels.*

If you plan to mod the motor, it's a toss up, IMHO.

* About 16-18 rwhp based on dyno results of Woody_MI's stock '06 (about 342 RWHP) vs mine (about 350 RWHP) before my maggie on same dyno assuming my headers/hi-flo cats/Corsa and tune gave me about 27 over stock.

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies.

Another question(s). Any other significant changes from 05 -->07 models (i.e. electronics, drivetrain)?

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

Another question(s). Any other significant changes from 05 -->07 models (i.e. electronics, drivetrain)?

Thanks,
Craig
Not really... '06 and up had steeering wheel mounted radio controls though.

·
Registered
2006 Raven CTS-V
1,245 Posts
The 2006+ got the GM badge on the side and colored Caddy logo wheel inserts.

The 2006 didn't get the gas guzzler tax when new and didn't have the stupid 1-4 skip shift :thumbsup: ...

Oh, wait, it did have the crappy skip shift. :rant2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts