Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had an LPG / propane conversion done?
I purchased my 08 escalade with this offered and fitted by GM from new.
With petrol prices here in the UK at the equivalent of $2.30 per gallon and LPG ar $1.00 per gallon it seemed to make sense.
I have had some issues, but won't bore everyone until I know if I'm on my own here or not here.

·
Registered
Cadillac
21 Posts
I have a 07 Escalade and a 01 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab. The Chevy is LPG converted. I have run 100 000 km (62500 miles) with it - no big issues, yet.... My truck has a 170 l (44 Gallon) LPG tank, and at best I can run 750 km (466 miles) on one tank. I am currently living in Belgium, and here the majority of the big US trucks are LPG converted.

My experience:
Advantages:
- You save a lot of money with the current gas prices.
- More torque on lower rpms – pulls heavy trailers with less effort.
- Less pollution, iow better for the environment

Disadvantages:
- Loss of peak power (approx 10%).
- The LPG tank takes a lot of space.
- Filling the tank takes ages….approx 10-12 minutes!
- It can be hard on the engine valves, due to the fact that LPG is “dry”. You might use additional lubrication systems together with the LPG system.

I have not converted my Escalade, due to the fact that a reasonable sized LPG tank takes too much space. I guess I could install a small tank but then I had to fill it every day…. :bouncy:

·
Registered
Escalade 2007
11 Posts
I drive a lade on LPG (Germany) here i pay about 55 cents, they put a 100 Liter Tank under the car (were the spare tire was) and it works perfect. It drives really smooth. Wil do it again and again. Payed about 3000 euros for the install.

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
i have one in germany, with the prins VSi LPG and an 102 litre tank at the spare tire space.With prins LPG no problem with the orignal teleflex a lot of problems downhill,so i have to exchange the car because of the GM teleflex LPG system...

Robert from Germany

1 - 4 of 4 Posts