Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my "26 inch wheels installed on my EXT and looks great. (Will post photo's soon). I have a 3/2 lowering kit installed. Ride height looks good but I think it would look even better about 1" lower all around. I was told by the dealer that there is a way to adjust the air suspension in the rear and adjust the keys in the front to get additional lowering. Does anyone have experience with this? Need some help with anyone that has knowledge? Thanks.

·
Registered
Cadillac
215 Posts
What kind of drop kit do you have? Spindles up front? You can either unscrew the bolt on the front torsion bars to get about 1" or you can get new torsion bar keys that drop you about 1". It will really mess with your ride though. The ride will be more harsh. It puts more stress on your front suspension, which will make it wear out faster.

·
Registered
Cadillac
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the McGaughy lowering kit. It claims to offer a 2/3 drop. However, I was told by the installer that he can get an extra 3/4 inch without sacrificing the ride quality? Apparently they do something with the front keys and the rear air suspension? Does anyone have experience with this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts