Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am ordering QA1s and some form of lowering kit on Monday. I will be using this setup mainly on the street but with probably 5-7 track days and a handful of auto-x events a year.

Assuming I would probably NEVER raise the ground control kit higher then the Eibach lowering height, is it really necessary for me to get the ground control? Does the ground control kit provide better handling then the regular Eibach Pro Kit springs? Can I order custom spring rates if I do not get the ground control kit?

Thanks!

P

·
0 Posts
Get the GC, the Eibach Pro kit will lower your car too far with the QA1's. I had to raise mine about 3/4" when I switched to the QA1's. Someone just had the same issue and had to make spacers to raise the car.

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get the GC, the Eibach Pro kit will lower your car too far with the QA1's. I had to raise mine about 3/4" when I switched to the QA1's. Someone just had the same issue and had to make spacers to raise the car.
Alright, Ground Control it is. Have they fixed the clunk noise yet (feff fix included) and what spring rate should I order for a somewhat comfortable street ride and a stiff enough track suspension. Assuming I can adjust the shocks too.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
great question....this is my next project for my V and wondered the same basic things.....QA1's with GC or just getting a complete set-up....either way I want adjustable shock settings and adjustable height...O and are you doing sways while you are at it??

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
great question....this is my next project for my V and wondered the same basic things.....QA1's with GC or just getting a complete set-up....either way I want adjustable shock settings and adjustable height...O and are you doing sways while you are at it??
Sways are done, and I have Zo6 endlinks to go with them when I am lowered.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
OR for the same price as QA1 and Ground Control should I just get the Ksport system?

what spring rate should I order for a somewhat comfortable street ride and a stiff enough track suspension. Assuming I can adjust the shocks too.
I say go with the QA1 and GC's..1200 isnt that bad but you might as well try to find The KW variat3 for a similar price, they have gotten some great reviews.
I haven't heard much about the Ksport system..

I'm also interested in what spring rates people are going with for a somewhat comfortable street ride and a stiff enough track suspension.

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I say go with the QA1 and GC's..1200 isnt that bad but you might as well try to find The KW variat3 for a similar price, they have gotten some great reviews.
I haven't heard much about the Ksport system..

I'm also interested in what spring rates people are going with for a somewhat comfortable street ride and a stiff enough track suspension.
Isn't the KW almost double that price?

·
Registered
CTS-V
469 Posts
Here's another combination I just thought of :
Ground Control and running my FE4's until they blow...
Anyone try this yet?
true no adjustablity BUT it may behave better at the track and still have a Caddy feel for the street?

--Jerry

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
naw not double but at least $400 more.. D3 had a group buy going a while ago that was offering them for $1650 shipped..

for me, i would just go with H&R springs for $280 from tirerack and the QA1 for $780, I really want to drop the car, but im probably only gonna fck around with my suspension when my FE4s go..

How long do the stock shocks usually last??

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V 457ci LS7
50 Posts
If someone had the KW Coilovers for $1650 shipped I would give them my credit card info right now... no questions asked.

I want those so bad it makes me hurt inside.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
If someone had the KW Coilovers for $1650 shipped I would give them my credit card info right now... no questions asked.

I want those so bad it makes me hurt inside.
Yeah, I think I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger at $1,795 shipped.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts