Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am new to this forum,

i got an 03 EXT And i put a set of 24" Giovanna's on it with 305/35/24 on.

the truck rubbed a little but i had a guy bend the part that was rubbing.

it still rubs very little on the plastic

my question is that i got the rims used,They was on a denali with a drop kit on it 3" In the front & 4"in the back He gave me the drop kit when i got the wheels,

will it rub if i install it? or would it be the same as now?

anyone drop there truck that much with 24's? & 305/35/24's?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the same tire/rim setup like you although I'm gonna do a 2/3 drop on mines instead. This was the setup the installers recommended me to go with to alleviate the wheel gap. I'll probably lose the "lock to lock" steering due to such wide tire/rim combos (gotta give-up something if you wanna go big right?). I can live with that though. I'll just put it in reverse again if I have to (ha ha). That 3/4 drop may be pushing it with 24's(just speculating). Holla back..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the guy had the rims & The 3/4 drop kit on his 03 Denali and i took a ride in it & he had no rub, but i did see that it look like the plastic on the front fender wells was trimmed or was cutting a little,

is a denali & a Ext got the same fender wells?

i was thinking of doing a 2/3 but this one came with the wheels,
how much can i buy a 2/3 for? and when i put my stockers back on for the winter will they rub?

·
Registered
121 Posts
larry_chip said:
well the guy had the rims & The 3/4 drop kit on his 03 Denali and i took a ride in it & he had no rub, but i did see that it look like the plastic on the front fender wells was trimmed or was cutting a little,

is a denali & a Ext got the same fender wells?

i was thinking of doing a 2/3 but this one came with the wheels,
how much can i buy a 2/3 for? and when i put my stockers back on for the winter will they rub?
I'm not 100% positive that they share same fender wells though they do share the same platform so I don't see why they wouldn't. As for the cost of the 2/3 drop kit, it cost me $500 with install (Hawaii). I would ask for advise from the rim dealers in your area about the setup you're about to do. From what I understand, the front fender wells need to trimmed / shaved regardless of a drop or not. Let me know the latest...

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
I wouldnt advice on dropping the car at all. I must admit that it would make it look ten times better but only if you evened out both sides so that it doesnt look stock(by stock i mean the front end lower than the back as how it comes from the dealer). I wouldnt advice it because one you do everything will start going wrong. many of my friends dropped their suburbans and navigators and they like the looks ALOT but they all tell me the ride is worse and that stuff starts to break here and there all relating to the drop. I dont want to make you change your mind or anything but im just giving me insite on my ecperience with friends having dropped their cars 2 or 3 inches. but Im sure it would make the rims fit better especially if you do 2 in the front and 3 in the back. I still dont get how people with 26's can turn their caddys??

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i felt the ride of the 24's with the 3/4 drop & yes it was stiff but it looked great!,
and that's the way i want it too look,

as for stuff going wrong what stuff?

and i had the fenders bent back a little, but theres nobody here in V.T That sells 24"s so nobody really knows what to do?

i looked for stuff on the web to tell me what to do & i found nothing,

what do you mean by trimming the fender wells?
any pages on this? & Pictures?

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
larry_chip said:
well i felt the ride of the 24's with the 3/4 drop & yes it was stiff but it looked great!,
and that's the way i want it too look,

as for stuff going wrong what stuff?

and i had the fenders bent back a little, but theres nobody here in V.T That sells 24"s so nobody really knows what to do?

i looked for stuff on the web to tell me what to do & i found nothing,

what do you mean by trimming the fender wells?
any pages on this? & Pictures?
Here's a cool site to checkout with an Escalade on 24's with a 2/3 drop:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/sizzmuffin

The rim dealers / installers here in Hawaii told me it's OK to do the 2/3 drop with the 24's though I may lose the full lock to lock steering. Like I said earlier, the ride will stiffen up but you'll have to give up something going taking this route right? Everyone got their own opinion about this but to me, this ride just doesn't cut-it with the stock wheels.

·
Registered
121 Posts
larry_chip said:
Hello, i am new to this forum,

i got an 03 EXT And i put a set of 24" Giovanna's on it with 305/35/24 on.

the truck rubbed a little but i had a guy bend the part that was rubbing.

it still rubs very little on the plastic

my question is that i got the rims used,They was on a denali with a drop kit on it 3" In the front & 4"in the back He gave me the drop kit when i got the wheels,

will it rub if i install it? or would it be the same as now?

anyone drop there truck that much with 24's? & 305/35/24's?
Well I just put my 24's on along with the 2/3 drop and the tire did rub slightly on maximum turns against the plastic mud guards. My rim installer told me this in advance and not to worry, it's not gonna do harm to the tires. I could just imagine what kind of results you'd get with a 3/4 drop. Holla back, Later....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts