Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have the perf suspension upgrade on my V can I install the H&R spring kit with no issues or would I need to do all the other modifications that I have read about on the forum?

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
The "perf susp upgrade" (FG2) doesn't matter, you'll need to do something about the rear shocks. WildWhl solution or different rear shocks.

Good news is Tirerack finally shows availabilty of the H&R springs as 12/02 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
...or not...

Just called H&R... springs are out of R&D and are being manufactured right now (germany facility)... they should be available "right after the new year".

Take that for what it's worth... that's the 4th or 5th time H&R has said "they'll be available in a few weeks" over the last year.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so, if I was to buy H&R springs in order to make it work I would have to purchase stock CTS shocks? Is this correct? I have no desire to cut anything.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
Yes, you would have to replace the rear shocks for sport CTS shocks.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts
byucelt said:
so, if I was to buy H&R springs in order to make it work I would have to purchase stock CTS shocks? Is this correct? I have no desire to cut anything.
Yes, that will work, but the CTS shocks are too soft for the V, and it'll handle like crap (HMO). Wildwhl makes bushings that allow you to keep the shock V shocks... with the H&R springs, there is nothing to cut.

See this thread, esp. odysseus' post:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57843

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Does anyone know how the H&R's will compare to the stock springs? I understand the Eibach's are not as strong....

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
This is great news, if its true. And the spring rate increase is very welcome...progressive sucks, but I'll take it as I can get it.
-ace

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts
I'm going to wait and see if for once H&R can back up their word with these springs they've promised us for so long. I can wait till January. If they don't have them out by April, I will blow the cash on a set of Mallet coilovers.:banghead:

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Dreamin said:
...or not...
Just called H&R... springs are out of R&D and are being manufactured right now (germany facility)... they should be available "right after the new year".
Take that for what it's worth... that's the 4th or 5th time H&R has said "they'll be available in a few weeks" over the last year.
Same verbage I heard twice before giving up :thepan:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts