Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Lowering a 2016 Escalade

31K views 40 replies 20 participants last post by  Zminero 
#1 ·
Has anyone successfully lowered a 2015/16 Escalade or ESV 4WD? If so, do you have issues with the Auto-ride suspension? What brand are you using? Thanks.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Not me. Please don't. The Escalade already unfortunately has a past of ghetto-ness. Lowered down, blacked out, tinted windows, massive rims, pimp mobiles.
Hey I have to disagree, tinted windows are a must in the south. The dealers tint the fronts before you even test drive!

I do not prefer lowered vehicles, but to each their own.

Tasteful blackening of the ride, especially when trimmed out with so much silver, is not ghetto - unless you take it too far!

Massive rims are OEM these days. Remember when 20" rims used to be big and were never OEM? I stick with OEM personally.

#5 ·
I agree. My OEM wheels are already 22s. Adding another 2 inches isn't much IMO. My Lexani Css15's are pretty sick.

----------

----------

Ghetto enough?

#7 ·
Damn, so much hate on this forum.

OP, lots of folks have lowered their '15+ Escalades, myself included, although mine is 2WD. Hit up NORCAL SS as he's the lowering guru around these parts. Bought my rear kit from him to drop the ass and level it with the front, and it rides just like stock, even with my 24s.

Here's his build thread if you want to see his beast...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...v-forum-2015/824561-my-16-escalade-build.html

#10 ·
Varying tastes does not equal hate. Hate is a strong, & misused word today, so let's stop that. No 24's for me, thank you very much. IMO it gets to a point where things look cartoonish, and unless executed right (meaning the right components and a small drop) it's, well, not a look I aspire to. Call me hater all you want. Pfft. Norcal's rigs look pretty nice. But they are overhanging the limit of wheel diameter that works for me. If they made, say a 23" that might be the sweet spot...but unfortunately, they don't make 'em.

#11 ·
It's all good in the hood! Just wanted to see who got it done. Norcal SS's rig isn't a 4wd. Mcgaughys has a 4wd 3/4 spindle kit coming out in December 2016. Norcal SS says to wait. Guess it'll be my Christmas present! Thanks again!

#12 ·
No I know Norcal's rig is 2wd...unless I misunderstood (possible!) those 4wd spindles he was hoping to get his hands on by mid/ end of... summer . Unfortunately, looks like that date has been bumped fwd to EOY 2016. No fault of Norcal's as it's out of his control. I believe it will be worth the wait. Even retaining the OEM 22's that truck needs a drop IMO...at least the first stage, if not a 3/4. YMMV...

#13 ·
4wd is no issue ive been using the drop mounts onthem no issues.

Here is my custom kit on steve meads truck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0SXybLqxE

spindles i will have in my hands about 3 weeks at sema. the 4wd spindles will be shown there

i tested all rear springs. mcgaughys/djm/matric/eibach/belltech and by far the belltech kit rides the best. Ive done tonssss of the newer escalde and gm suvs and autoride all works right

#26 ·
4wd is no issue ive been using the drop mounts onthem no issues.

Here is my custom kit on steve meads truck.

spindles i will have in my hands about 3 weeks at sema. the 4wd spindles will be shown there

i tested all rear springs. mcgaughys/djm/matric/eibach/belltech and by far the belltech kit rides the best. Ive done tonssss of the newer escalde and gm suvs and autoride all works right

Can u message me details for purchasing. .

Rarebreed29@sbcglobal.net

#28 ·
I've also installed the leveling kit from Norcal ss (actually he did it for me). Looks so much better imo without affecting the ride.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
I would love to lower the rear to get rid of the forward rake. There's just one problem. I'm 6'1, and my head already sometimes hits the lift gate even though it's set to it's highest setting. If there were only some way to increase the height?

#29 ·
Has anyone successfully lowered a 2015/16 Escalade or ESV 4WD? If so, do you have issues with the Auto-ride suspension? What brand are you using? Thanks.

I lowered my 2015. Ordered it from Norcal SS. Kit works good. It takes some work but I don't have any issues with the Auto-ride function. It is a 4 wheel drive also.

#31 ·
My 2019 ESV is lowered using Norcal SS kit 1.5/3.5 kit, even my installers said was one of the best and easiest kits to do and they have done my SRT vehicles and many Audis for me. You cannot go wrong with his stuff. I went with just a minimal drop but that's what it needed. I have loaded up the kids and completely filled up the back and drove 9 hours to the Outer Banks and air system leveled out perfect like nothing was different. Norcal SS knows his stuff.

#36 ·
I’m trying to eliminate the “wheel gap” issue on my 2018 ESV (all stock). Is there a way to accomplish this with bigger tires and/or wheels that won’t rub. Or...Is “lowering” the only option to get the tires/wheels to hug the frame and look balanced (front and rear)?
I love the way NorCal_33 trucks look but, I don’t want to give up any ground clearance by lowering because I need this in the winter when there’s a foot of snow.

#40 ·
O ok, mine did the same thing when the wife bumped into a parked trailer and bent the front radar bracket. I replaced the bracket and still didn't work, Dealer had to recalibrate system and worked again... 2 weeks later I also lowered the rear 3 inches and haven't had a problem....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.