Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Escalade
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully lowered a 2015/16 Escalade or ESV 4WD? If so, do you have issues with the Auto-ride suspension? What brand are you using? Thanks.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'16 CTS-V &'16 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4x4
83 Posts
Not me. Please don't. The Escalade already unfortunately has a past of ghetto-ness. Lowered down, blacked out, tinted windows, massive rims, pimp mobiles.

Sent From My SM-N930F Using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Escalade
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I already have the ghetto 24s.

----------

I've read about kits from McGaughys and Maxtrac but still on the sideline because of auto-ride with 4WD. Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV Premium
516 Posts
Not me. Please don't. The Escalade already unfortunately has a past of ghetto-ness. Lowered down, blacked out, tinted windows, massive rims, pimp mobiles.
Hey I have to disagree, tinted windows are a must in the south. The dealers tint the fronts before you even test drive!

I do not prefer lowered vehicles, but to each their own.

Tasteful blackening of the ride, especially when trimmed out with so much silver, is not ghetto - unless you take it too far!

Massive rims are OEM these days. Remember when 20" rims used to be big and were never OEM? I stick with OEM personally.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. My OEM wheels are already 22s. Adding another 2 inches isn't much IMO. My Lexani Css15's are pretty sick.

----------

----------

Ghetto enough?

·
Registered
'16 CTS-V &'16 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 4x4
83 Posts
I agree. My OEM wheels are already 22s. Adding another 2 inches isn't much IMO. My Lexani Css15's are pretty sick.

----------

----------

Ghetto enough?

Nope.

·
Registered
'15 Escalade
152 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,440 Posts
Don't let the hate discourage ya, do your thing!

...as mentioned, Norcalss is the answer you're looking for.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the suggestions! Will hit up Norcal SS.

·
Registered
none...yet
370 Posts
Varying tastes does not equal hate. Hate is a strong, & misused word today, so let's stop that. No 24's for me, thank you very much. IMO it gets to a point where things look cartoonish, and unless executed right (meaning the right components and a small drop) it's, well, not a look I aspire to. Call me hater all you want. Pfft. Norcal's rigs look pretty nice. But they are overhanging the limit of wheel diameter that works for me. If they made, say a 23" that might be the sweet spot...but unfortunately, they don't make 'em.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's all good in the hood! Just wanted to see who got it done. Norcal SS's rig isn't a 4wd. Mcgaughys has a 4wd 3/4 spindle kit coming out in December 2016. Norcal SS says to wait. Guess it'll be my Christmas present! Thanks again!

·
Registered
none...yet
370 Posts
No I know Norcal's rig is 2wd...unless I misunderstood (possible!) those 4wd spindles he was hoping to get his hands on by mid/ end of... summer . Unfortunately, looks like that date has been bumped fwd to EOY 2016. No fault of Norcal's as it's out of his control. I believe it will be worth the wait. Even retaining the OEM 22's that truck needs a drop IMO...at least the first stage, if not a 3/4. YMMV...

·
Registered
372 Posts
4wd is no issue ive been using the drop mounts onthem no issues.

Here is my custom kit on steve meads truck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0SXybLqxE

spindles i will have in my hands about 3 weeks at sema. the 4wd spindles will be shown there

i tested all rear springs. mcgaughys/djm/matric/eibach/belltech and by far the belltech kit rides the best. Ive done tonssss of the newer escalde and gm suvs and autoride all works right

·
Registered
2015i Escalade, 2016 Corvette
70 Posts
Damn, so much hate on this forum.

OP, lots of folks have lowered their '15+ Escalades, myself included, although mine is 2WD. Hit up NORCAL SS as he's the lowering guru around these parts. Bought my rear kit from him to drop the ass and level it with the front, and it rides just like stock, even with my 24s.

Here's his build thread if you want to see his beast...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-esv-forum-2015/824561-my-16-escalade-build.html
I put the leveling kit in my 2015(i)that Norcall SS supplied - looks great and no issues - put on about 2000 miles ago.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i offer rear leveling all the way to my custom 3/6 kit. mY escalade is doing 544/566 at wheels and soon will be 575/600 im hoping next week. Ive done tons of the 15 up escalades. If you have any questions just ask me

1 - 20 of 40 Posts