Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and to Escalades and have a quick question. I am putting on 26" wheels on an 07 Escalade and thinking about lowering it with a Ground Force kit. Will i need to do any cutting to accommodate the wheels or will it fit right in ? Also are there any other kits that are better than ground force ? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
escalade
13 Posts
I go on the tahoeyukonforum and a few guys that have GF say it has a bad ride, I used belltech in the past and found it very good in ride quality. I also have a 2007 escalade with a DJM lowering kit, rides real good but my 24's is not as soft as stock naturally. I assume 26's you might have to trim the inner fenders depending on how low you go and offset of the rims.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it thank you so much for your help. Would you say I should try going with the belltech or djm ?

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade
373 Posts
I have Ground Force and its perfectly fine. There are two styles for the front, drop spindles or drop springs. Get the drop spindles kit. You will have to trim your inner fender wells (plastic) and if you have power steps you may need to move them back towards the rear an inch.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt
365 Posts
I have GF spindle/spring and agree 100% with roccos_van. One other thing to consider with any spindle drop...spare may not fit. Download and read installation directions on any kit before you buy it.

·
Registered
2007 Yukon Denali
5 Posts
I have the GF spring kit; I got it before the front spindle kit came out. I've had this kit on with a bunch of wheels & tires, & here's my experience:
- GF kit with stock 20" wheels and Bridgestone 275/55-20s rode pretty good (not stock, but close)
- GF kit with 24" Dropstars and no-name 305/35-24s rode awful
- GF kit with 22" forged Centerlines and yokahama 305/45-22s still rode pretty bad
- GF kit with 22" Centerlines and Bridgestone 285/45-22s rode slightly better, but still bad.

HTH. I'd like to hear your experience after the rims & drop. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix mine. I sold the factory 20s, so I can't put them back on :-(. I considered switching to the spindle in the front, but I'm not sure how much difference it will make?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt
365 Posts
I have the GF spindle kit with Hotchkiss front and rear sway bars using Bazo 24" Miami wheels (35mm offset) and Falken 305/45 Ziex tires (33.5" diameter) on 2007 Ext. Rides and handles better than my stock 2008 Ext. However due to Diameter/cross section of tire had to make many clearance corrections in the front including moving of washer fluid container, cutting out part of corner braces, restructuring of liners and rear parts of front fenders. In the rear I had to clearance trailing arm bolts/brackets and use 1/4" wheel spacers and ultimately moved entire rear axle assembly 1/2" to the rear when I went to 9.5 from the 8.5 originally installed which stopped the rubbing when in reverse. If I had used a smaller aspect/cross section tire I would not have had many of those problems. I think a 32.5" diameter is the magic number for minimum clearance problems. I did have the retracting steps shortened 1". The only problem I have now is the corner of the front Hotchkiss sway bay will very Slightly rub the inner part of the tire on full hard lock turns. Correction: Additional problem is that Spare (i.e. same tire/wheel combination as installed) does not fit in spare tire holder and original OEM spare will not fit over Baer brake kit/GF spindle combination.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts