Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I used the springs from a regular CTS on my car. Overall, I'm very happy with how it turned out. The ride is a firmer, and rides just about the same as stock.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

And here are some night shots:

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
looks great Tuan, - how did you get to your fog lights to put in hids ? did you take off the bumper or just the under panel ?

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
This is a must for all Gen 2 V owners Imo

Very moderate and looks Sweet!!! I think its Wierd that Gen 1's sit lower then gen 2's still though all four wheels are tucked when my car settles.

Also it seems that the Gen 2 wheels have a much more forgiving offset which would allow for much wider tires without rubbing issues so that is a good thing :)

Looks Kicka$$!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks great Tuan, - how did you get to your fog lights to put in hids ? did you take off the bumper or just the under panel ?
I took the bumpers off. To make sure I install the ballast right. Here are some pictures.

What do you guys think of the color? I think its a little bit too blue, I might go with 4300k or something.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V & 2009 CTS
77 Posts
The HID replacements for your oem fog lights look great. Where did you purchase, model number, etc. I am thinking about installing a 5k replacement.

·
Registered
Cadillac
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The HID replacements for your oem fog lights look great. Where did you purchase, model number, etc. I am thinking about installing a 5k replacement.
Actually I found the website here. The advertisements on the side.
It was pretty cheap, so I thought I would give it a try. Works out pretty well!
http://sharphid.com/

·
Registered
'09 Sedan Black Raven M6; '14 Sedan Phantom Gray A6 Graphite
315 Posts
Have you checked into whether there may be an issue with premature wear on the mag dampers with the lowered springs. There was a thread earlier talking about this as a probable possibility, although no one participating in the thread had lowered their car yet. A while back if I remember correctly,... I hadn't even taken delivery on my V when I ran across the thread. Thanks

·
Registered
Cadillac
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you checked into whether there may be an issue with premature wear on the mag dampers with the lowered springs. There was a thread earlier talking about this as a probable possibility, although no one participating in the thread had lowered their car yet. A while back if I remember correctly,... I hadn't even taken delivery on my V when I ran across the thread. Thanks
I was worried about this issue too. Being that I just lowered my car yesterday, and I have a lil over 2000 miles, I don't think my shocks will be going out anytime soon. But I will keep an eye out on them, and update you guys with it.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Hey Tuan, I bet those fogs are 8k . Go down to 6k and you'll be 100x happier. 4300k barely even looks like a hid.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
106 Posts
I forgot about the warranty, I know some bracket came loose on my Lexus and when I took it into service they gave me a hard time about the suspension controller I had on there.

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,732 Posts
Looks like it should have come from the factory that way! Jap's seem to get the wheel fender relationship right where most domestics it looks like an after thought...we got put wheels on it?! :)

Norm

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I have a set of the eibach springs in the garage. Just finding the time to have them put on .....although i can't wait to see what the black chrome wheel combo will look like with a drop...:cool2:

·
Performance Enthusiast
2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550
479 Posts
Yeah I checked my invoice and they are 6000k, and I do recall seeing 6000k on the box.. I may just order a set of 4300k bulbs. Its about $45 a pair, so not that bad.
Tuan,
I am on vacation now but want to order this set so that they will be there when I return. Can you tell me what our bulb type is and the kit number that you ordered? I am away so I am at a disadvantage and can not check right now. Thanks for the assist in advance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts