Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I have a 2004 ctsv on H&R springs and might mouse spacers and although it doesn’t rub on the driver side rear tire it is rubbing really bad and eating the side wall of my tire up and I don’t know why any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
2005 Base CTS work at Pullen solenoids Glass Factory for 36 and a half years
130 Posts
Are you running A wider than stock tire?

Roy

·
Registered
130 Posts
If it's on the inside you may need a set of these:

Roy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m running a 275/40zr18 tire and it’s rubbing e tire only on the passenger rear and on the outside lol of the tire like right on the side wall almost

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,187 Posts
Alignment. How much camber are you running on the driver side? How much camber are you running on the passenger side?

How do the ride heights compare? With the car on a level surface, compare the distance from the center of the wheel straight up to the fender lip.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ll check the ride height when I get home from work btw how would I go about fixing that if that’s what it is which I know it’s defentialy sitting lower on the passenger rear then the driver rear

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've never heard of the spacers you're running. Can you somehow adjust the ride height with them like you can with most coilovers?

Roy

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
414 Posts
If you have the stock shocks, they maybe failing.

I rolled my fenders for the rear with 275/35r19. But definitely check the alignment first.

-Byron

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the Mighty Mouse spacers and h&r springs and also I measured and it’s 13 1/4 on the driver side rear and right at 13 on passenger rear so it’s off a 1/4 inch in alignment

·
Registered
130 Posts
Take a good look to see if anything is sticking out from inside the fender that could be rubbing and cutting your tire. Might have to roll the lip. Height variation could just be a slight difference in the springs.

Roy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts