Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a really nice low mileage 2015 SRX, like the car, but 1 thing I don't like about it is the car is the rear of the car looks like it is jacked up or has inflated air shocks. I want to level the car. How can I do this?????

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,095 Posts
The vehicle may have the Cadillac ELC- Electronic Level Control - which compensates for extra weight in the cargo area or rear seat. Study up on the system before you start and then see if the rear height sensor(s) is/are adjustable. IF ELC is fitted the rear shocks have inflatable air bladders and a compressor system - it's all automatic.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
766 Posts
2015 SRX doesn't have that.
The only way to lower it is to cut the spring 1 coil or so, which I would not recommend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There has to be a way to level this car without screwing something up, I'm sure there is a way. If you look at the sales & magazine photos of this car they all appear to be sitting level. I beginning to think maybe somebody doctored the photo or some smart GM tech knew of a way to level the vehicle for the photo shoot.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Luxury
441 Posts
You could get those spring clamp downs that JC Whitney used to sell. They just limit the springs with clamps on them. Not even sure they are in business still. Let's see what Google says.....

Well, not there but here at OReilly auto parts yep.

Steve

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
307 Posts
I suggest buying a car that suits your tastes better next time. Obviously you can't do much about how a car sits. Not these days anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest with you the car I bought suits my taste.just fine otherwise it would not be sitting in my yard.
Actually you can, there are all kinds of kits out on the market for lowering & raising vehicles. Since this is my first Cadillac l kinda did not want to screw anything up on the wife's car. I lowered my truck using an aftermarket kit, but trucks are totally different from this vehicle. I haven't had a chance to get the car on a lift yet to check out how the rear end is configured. Just seeking ideas from people who own a second gen SRX & have maybe noticed that the car sits higher in the rear end.....

·
Registered
2014 SRX Lux
358 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Britt. How about posting a picture of your new ride so we can see what you're talking about?

All the SRX's I see have a slightly higher backend but I would say it's hardly excessive or odd looking. Let's see yours.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
307 Posts
As I said "Not these days anyway." Some of you just need to get it into your heads that today's cars are not the same as what we used to drive. Any change you make will likely come with a severe trade off. Leave Mama's car alone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts