Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
09 ctsv
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Unlike the directions listed on this forum you dont have to remove the starter to lockdown the flywheel. I tried this initially and the two bolts to remove the starter is easy but disconnecting the 4 plugs around the starter is near imppossible, After pulling the wires out of the oi lpan plug I decided this was BS and pulled the inspection cover off the botton of the flywheel housing. you can wedge a prybar against the torque converter to keep the engine in place while removing the pulley.
2) Selecting the correct 3 jaw puller is critical. Make sure its the snap on short version or the the chrysler unit. The pin that it comes with is too short so you will need something longer. I ended up using a pushrod from a GM V8. If you try to use a standard puller you will damage the threads inside the crank.
3) Dont cut the AC belt you can pull the pulley all the way off then the belt just falls off. Install about half way then put the belt back on rotate the belt around.
4) Buy some extra push pins for the bottom engine cover. They are very brittle and I broke half of them.
5) Make sure your battery is fully charged before the reprogram. I made it most of the way through and SCT unit stopped because of low voltage. Are these batteries crap or what? Looked for a Optima today but the POS terminal is on the wong side. Ideas?
6) Over all a pretty easy install and Jess was helpful and sells good quality products. If I had to do it again it would be much faster.
7) I got the partial air box mod because I wanted to maintain the stock appearance. Easy install. Wish the tube would have been black. I guess I will paint it. Good Luck!

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Excellent info! I've been wondering some of those things, since I decided to do it myself. Since you're in the moment, can/should I load the tune w/o the pulley swap first?

·
Registered
09 ctsv
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the tune first, but didnt drive it. I live in Mt. and dont drive it right now. I did start it before the pulleyswap but just wanted to make sure no CEL were present. Cant wait to try it out. Do you plan on driving it with just the tune?

Good luck!

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
I was considering it, until the weather warms and I can swap the pulley in a couple of months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts