Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping you guys can help me out..

If I want to change only the lower pulley, to achieve the same boost a 2.5 upper would , what size lower pulley would I need to run, and which belt?

I want the ease of changing the pulley quickly, which I can do with the lower... I do not want to keep taking the snout off..

Right now, I would like to stick to stock injectors..So I need to keep it within their limits.

Thanks

----------

Anyone?

·
Registered
CTS-V
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Odd. The Weapon x chary shows the 9. 1.lower as having less boost as the 2.55 upper.. But the lingenfelter chart shoes it as identical. Which is right?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V A6, 752 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst
1,110 Posts
There are also hubs for the upper that allow an easy change...

LPE has one...

·
Registered
CTS-V 2010
219 Posts
I changed the bottom pulley on my car. I also wanted the option of changing the ring. Did not know hubs were available for the upper pulley. If you plan on changing the pulley yourself be ware. It is a pain in the xxx. You have to pull the starter and lock the engine, Cut the air belt and reinstall a new one, it can be done as I did it but be prepared. Oh and the old balance r does not come off that easily. Another thing if I need a new blower under warranty I did not want any grief from GM.

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
I didn't remove the starter or cut the belt. I reused the old one and loosened the bolt with an impact wrench. There was a write up that referenced using some free puller from Autozone which worked just fine. You MUST be mechanically experienced though and not for the novice by any stretch. All the little things like removing the fan bolts, shrouds, housings, and prep work was a pain. I'm sure I'm forgetting some little things too.

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
176 Posts
I am with v locity--go with the upper that is a two part pulley that allows you to change pulley sizes by taking out 6 bolts I believe.
Much easier in MHO. Good luck with what ever you choose, we all like going faster:)

·
Registered
CTS-V 2010
219 Posts
You are a better man than I. I tried and tried to reuse the same air conditioner belt but was not successful until I purchased a new belt from GM with a tool that stretches the new belt on. That even took two of us and a few tries. How did you torque the damper bolt to 130ft/lbs without the engine turning over. Please don't tell me you stuffed something in a spark plug hole. Well you did get it done and all must be well.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)
710 Posts
Rope in the spark plug hole.....standard no damage method to keep your rotating assembly from rotating.

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
176 Posts
They also make a tool that holds on to the teeth of the starter ring on the back of the engine. I am not sure though you can access it easily on our motors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts