Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to start bodywork in preparation for painting my '89 Allante.

On the Allante, the lower part of the front and rear bumper covers, as well as the body below the lower door edge are painted a flat charcoal.

I'm thinking of painting those charcoal pieces body color (a medium blue metallic), but then the other day I saw a late model Seville (around '97) that was pearl white up top, with a medium gray metallic contrasting color on the bottom edge of the body. Noticed the last of the Rivieras had the same thing. I think using that color would make my Allante look a little more modern than the flat charcoal - I worry body color might look too "boy-racer" (boy-ricer?).

Did Cadillac use the same shade of gray for all cars for the lower moldings, or did it depend on the model/year? Did it vary by the color of the upper body?

Can anyone tell me what was used on Sevilles in the late 90's? If anyone who has one can give me their paint/RPO codes, I can lookup the numbers.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I don't see how ANYONE driving an Allante could be viewed as a "boy racer/ricer". What you're describing sounds like it would look really good. Sorry I can't help with the paint codes.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Never seen a two tone allante.... sounds nice!!!

And there is nothing ricer about allantes...... That would be one hard car to rice-ify :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts