Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this, but I have a 2006 Escalade ESV and it's making a very sharp metal grinding noise. It just started a few days ago right when I was leaving out of a walmart parking lot, felt the grinding to the steering wheel, ended up pulling over to a nearby parking lot and got it towed home. I've assumed it was the brake pads being warned out, but I've checked and it was still atleast 80% of it, so I still went ahead and changed them with new ones, tried to move it within my driveway, and still it's making the grind noise. So I've went to my local advance auto parts store and bought CV axle due to the fact I saw all the grease splashing all over the wheel well and inside of the rim from the boot. So I went ahead and changed that and the suspension bar link, and tried testing within the driveway again, and still it's making that metal grinding noise. Anybody can help point me I the right direction? If not, is it ok to drive the vehicle as is? The garage I go to normally is about 4 mins drive away or maybe less, will it be ok to try driving it there? Thank you in advance, hope someone can help.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,385 Posts
Let's move this out of the supercharged CTS-V forum and over to the correct ESV forum.

Welcome to CF !!!

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
118 Posts
A grinding noise can indicate a lot. It sounds like you have thrown some parts at it. A good inspection would go a long way to help narrow where the sound is coming from. Initially I would see where you feel the grinding noise is coming from?? It is impacting the way the truck is driving? Are there any dash lights on? It could be simple as peeling chrome on the inside of the rims making a grinding noise to hub bearings or transfer case. Did it just start out of the blue or had you noticed this sounds getting worse??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts