I also had the shake which was terrible from 0-50MPH and have since replaced most of my suspension since it was all toast at 113k miles
I'd follow inspecting and replacing the following in roughly this order due to ease/cheapness (COSTS ARE FOR PARTS ONLY!):
1) sway bar end links/ $60ish each (need 2)/ <1 hour
2) sway bar bushings/ $15ish each (need 2)/ <1 hour
3) strut mounts (you want the complete mount with bearing ring)/$100ish each (need 2)/ <2 hours
4) intermediate steering shaft/ can't remember dealer part only as I recall/ >PITA!
5) worn or damaged CV axles/ $80ish each (need different driver vs pass side)/ <2 hours if you include this while doing strut mounts...
The first 2 you can easily do yourself in less than a hour, search the boards I've done a couple writeups on a cheap and easy way to pull the sway bar end links, strut mounts aren't hard but you'll need to remove the struts completely and will thus require a front end alignment, if you take the struts out to replace the mounts (they're rubber and drycrack and the bearing rings are cheap plastic that wear out) I'd do the CVs if they have alot of miles on them, it makes the whole job a lot easier. Intermediate steering shaft is a bit harder to get to, search the boards for procedure, hope this helps...