Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1992 Seville STS 4.9L

I added a can (about 8-9 oz) to top off the system. Its been about two years since it needed refrigerant, so wherever its leaking from, its very slow.

I no longer get error A046 for low refrigerant, but I still get A011 for high side temp sensor circuit. The AC compressor cycles far less often than before, but still does it. When this happens, the RPMs at idle go from about 700 to 1000 momentarily, causing the car to want to jerk forward a little bit. It does it less often now that I've added a can.

I thought read somewhere on the forum that A011 could be triggered by low refrigerant. Is the high side temp sensor the thing connected to the wire harness on the AC line by the firewall toward the driver's side? Or is that a high side pressure sensor?

Also, when the low refrigerant error message finally comes on, how low on refrigerant is it?

I apologize for my ignorance. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,115 Posts
Is the high side temp sensor the thing connected to the wire harness on the AC line by the firewall toward the driver's side?
Yes

Also, when the low refrigerant error message finally comes on, how low on refrigerant is it?
I'm not sure, but the system only holds like 2 - 2 1/2 lbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts