Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have a 2005 esv platinum with the 6.0 vortex , recently I put an aftermarket rad in and after I did that I had low oil pressure so I took it to the dealer and they replaced the sensor And said try that out .that didn't fix it any ideas

----------

I also had the pickup in the pan replaced and then the oil pump also , still very low and the chime is going off showing low oil pressure . It's full of oil and even had the gauge cluster pulled and looked at , I'm lost as to what's wrong with this thing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Might be the gauge itself failing as the stepper motors tend to read incorrectly or are erratic. If the motor sounds healthy and is not acting funny then all signs would point to the cluster itself

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the cluster pulled and three gauges repaired so thought that might of been it but guess not. Got a line on a motor but don't know if I like the price $3500 dollars installed with 70,000 Kms on it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The engines had premature cam bearring failure.

----------

I've seen multiple people throw oil pumps and sensors at the 6.0 all day long but it makes no difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a screen approx 1/4" below the oil pressure switch in the fluid port. It is not in any tech manual, I found it by using a mech gauge at the port as well as on the side of the block. Pressure was good at block where all bearing oil passes, way below at switch which is next stop for oil. This is probably the culprit. Use a pick tool to remove and then reinstall pressure switch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts