Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
davesdeville said:
My friend has one. He's thinking about a SC 5.4. He can't stand that my ETC is faster :p
a blown 5.4 ehh? Tell your frind he has no clue as to what he's talking about. There's no room as it is for a blown 4.6 especially. You need to buy a cowl hood just to make it fit as it is. And tell him if he want's better ET's to manually shift the gears and turn off the traction control and O/D and ta da! Your running 14's. if its a LSC he will be running mid 14's

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
I've seen crazier engines put into smaller places. I'm confident it's do-able, I'm just thinking working the 4.6 4v over is an easier and cheaper plan. It's pretty obvious even a roots blower would require a cowl hood. IIRC the 5.4 has a taller deck height so a taller motor plus a roots blower would stick up pretty damn far.

I'm not going to tell him that about the manual shifting idea right away, he already runs without TC. I'm going to run it myself next time we hit the track (should be next weekend since it's the last night race) and see if I can't pull down better times than he can in his own car. THEN I'll tell him to manually shift it.

Although I'm still not sure how that accomplishes anything, leave it in D and it shifts at redline anyway. Does it shift harder (higher line pressure) when you manual shift it? What's the advantage of manually shifting it over just leaving it in 2?

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
I dunno what the difference is but there is one. My best run with leaving it in drive was a 15.1. My best run with manually rowing the gears was a 14.921. And that was with a slipping tranny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Blackout