Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...
381 Posts
I don't know if they have released a prduct for our cars yet but I changed over to Hawk pads on my Jeep SRT to good effect. Good performance pad with very little dust.

The brake dust generated on the Jeeps makes the V2 look like to petting zoo. Switching to those pads made a HUGE difference!

·
Registered
09 Cadillac CTS V
255 Posts
I haven't found any pads for the '09 car yet from the above listed manufacturers. When I called Hawk, they said they expected it would still be a couple of months until they have a pad avaialable for my car. As for the Brake dust, I tried the new Eagle One Keep Clean wheel spray. It really does work well. It is a spray on protectant for all wheels that doesn't allow brake dust to accumulate on a wheel. It is very noticable as to how well it works when you compare wheels with the spray and without.

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
As for the Brake dust, I tried the new Eagle One Keep Clean wheel spray. It really does work well. It is a spray on protectant for all wheels that doesn't allow brake dust to accumulate on a wheel. It is very noticable as to how well it works when you compare wheels with the spray and without.
Interesting, will try it.

·
Registered
09 Cadillac CTS V
255 Posts
I found it at Pep Boys and also at Auto Zone. They don't carry the high end products, but they do have good prices on cleaning supplies.

·
Registered
238 Posts
This is gonna sound SICK.. but I was having the same issue on my Tahoe and G6.. I switched my Brake Pads to Advanced Auto's Friction Master Brake Pads.

They go for an entire week without kicking out any real brake dust... They are pretty inexpensive too...

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
Is this the stuff?

http://www.eagleone.com/pages/products/product.asp?itemid=1003&cat=5006

Personally I use a product called ROLL-OFF. It's designed for getting the slime off fiberglass boats. Works good on brake dust. Wet the wheel, spray it on, let it sit a minute and spary it off. I'm going to try the eagle one and see if it works better or easier.

noelvm
I think he's referring to the product shown Here:http://www.eagleone.com/

Bunch of other stuff there also, but I see their products are carried at many vendors nation-wide. Probably see if I can find it a NAPA or Schucks and give it a try ...

Rob

·
Registered
Escallade, 2009 CTS-V, Lamborghini Murcielago
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
09 Cadillac CTS V
255 Posts
RapidRob is right. The EagleOne web site only has the product on their front page. They haven't updated their product list yet. I've been using this spray for about a month now, and I am very impressed. The amount of Brake dust collection is similiar to the reduction when I changed from the stock GM/Brembo pads to ceramic pads on my '04 V.

The BMW faithful have been using a product branded by Michellin. I haven't tried it, but it is supposed to work well also. http://www.x1r.com/michelin2.htm

Do be aware you need to re-apply the spray after each washing, and make sure you get any residual dust off the wheel before you apply, as the dust will continue to accumulate where the dust was previously before you apply the spray.

·
Registered
NONE
120 Posts
We just put Akebono's on my wife's car and brake dust went down probably 75-80%.

They don't squeal either, which was a Huge bonus!

·
Registered
09 CTS-V Crystal Red, 2010 Escalade Red
199 Posts
We just put Akebono's on my wife's car and brake dust went down probably 75-80%. They don't squeal either, which was a Huge bonus!
Does your wife have a 09 V and were they for the fronts, if it is a V? The rears have been available, the fronts are needed most. TIA, Roger

·
Registered
199 Posts
We just put Akebono's on my wife's car and brake dust went down probably 75-80%.

They don't squeal either, which was a Huge bonus!
Does your wife have a 09 V and were they for the fronts, if it is a V? The rears have been available, the fronts are needed most. TIA, Roger
I just received an answer to my question, Akebobo's reply below.

Search for Brakes Brake Components for 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Brand Filtered: AkebonoShow All Brands

Sorry, no brake components match your current search criteria.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V 2009
46 Posts
I haven't found any pads for the '09 car yet from the above listed manufacturers. When I called Hawk, they said they expected it would still be a couple of months until they have a pad avaialable for my car. As for the Brake dust, I tried the new Eagle One Keep Clean wheel spray. It really does work well. It is a spray on protectant for all wheels that doesn't allow brake dust to accumulate on a wheel. It is very noticable as to how well it works when you compare wheels with the spray and without.
I wanted to try it, i have bought it but i was scared that after i spray it on the wheel it will ruin something or it will make me regret that i did. But since you are happy with it i will try it on my next wash which seems to be tomorrow or Sat morning.

Thanks

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
you might look here, got an e=mail back about the pads..... Rear only for now, as before fronts are on the way

2009 CADILLAC CTS CTS-V Series Only
(rear) HAWK HPS BRAKE PADS $100/set
(rear) HAWK CERAMIC BRAKE PADS $103/set
(rear) HAWK HP PLUS BRAKE PADS $122/set
(rear) FERODO DS2500 BRAKE PADS $115/set

For ordering, or for more information, you can reach me directly at:
800-733-8380.

Best Regards,
Chris.

http://www.RaceShopper.com
1-800-733-8380

·
Registered
CTS-v 09 auto
81 Posts
Does anyone make a slotted or drilled rotor.? purley for asthetics...as drilled or slotted or both...always scream perormmance....a true racer starts with brakes first on a car of this power and heft

·
Registered
'05 Platinum V - SOLD
393 Posts
This is gonna sound SICK.. but I was having the same issue on my Tahoe and G6.. I switched my Brake Pads to Advanced Auto's Friction Master Brake Pads.

They go for an entire week without kicking out any real brake dust... They are pretty inexpensive too...
I'm considering going the "less is more" route myself although I've always been a "more expensive is always better" type guy. I thought that I'd go for the Hawk HPS's, but have found that Advance Auto sells a semi-metallic by Wagner that's their top of the line pad, tipping the spend-o-meter at $62 for the fronts w/ a $15 rebate.

Anyone else gone the cheaper route, and have anything to share, good or bad?

-Shannon

·
Registered
199 Posts
you might look here, got an e=mail back about the pads..... Rear only for now, as before fronts are on the way

2009 CADILLAC CTS CTS-V Series Only
(rear) HAWK HPS BRAKE PADS $100/set
(rear) HAWK CERAMIC BRAKE PADS $103/set
(rear) HAWK HP PLUS BRAKE PADS $122/set
(rear) FERODO DS2500 BRAKE PADS $115/set
http://www.RaceShopper.com
1-800-733-8380
The reason the rears are available is because it's the same pad that the SRT8's have been using for the past four years. Not so for the fronts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts