Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Catera 98
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Low Coolant light comes on, just started 2 days ago. Have made sure the coolant overflow reservoir is filled to the Kalt line, no leaks seen... engine cooling working fine, new T-Stat and Rad (a few months ago), nothing out of the ordinary...

Any ideas why or something else to look into?

·
Registered
Catera 98
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been thinking about that... just hooping to know more before... the coolant reservoir swap is easy enough, just don't want to change it to find out it isn't the sensor after all.

·
Registered
1998 Catera
474 Posts
you can probably jump the 2 sensor wires and see if the light goes off. not really sure if this would work but its worth a shot

·
Registered
Catera 98
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Worth a shot.

BTW can't wait till next June... I'm getting a garage to work in. New house has a double garage... yessir..

·
Registered
Cadillac Catera
3 Posts
I'm not good at this stuff...but the same thing just happened to mine. The dealer has it now for something else, so they checked it and it was the sensor. As todd2fst4u said, the reservoir/bottle needed to be replaced just because the sensor was bad. Sigh... Just wanted to share, in case yours is the same thing.

·
Registered
Catera 98
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most likely it is... as it's pretty much the last thing on the coolent system in my Cat that's still OEM....

·
Registered
Catera 98
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like the dash light (indicator) doesn't do anything else... will be easier to remove the bulb for now, than replace the reservoir (or jumper the sensor wire)... easier access.

·
Registered
Cadillac Catera
9 Posts
I have the same problem with mine, I took the tank out and cleaned it well hoping it was just stuck, with no success.
As was previously mentioned, I jumped the wires which took the ight off.
If down the road I get another tank I can just remove the wires and have it working properly again.
I'm not really keen on the idea of taking the dash all apart just to take out the bulb. More than likely you'll end up with more problems.
Plan B would be to just get a piece of black tape and put it over the light.

·
Registered
Catera 98
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually taking the dash cluster out is easy, already had to do it to replace a burnt bulb last year....

I might go for jumping the wire lead.... just have to find time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts