Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
05' Cadillac CTS
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
ive had my low coolant level warning lights pop on a few times in the past week. Should i just throw some coolant in the overflow tank or what. It seems a little low. also what type should i put in. i have that prestone 50/50 at the house i believe. will that work? thanks in advance
Kevin

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
hey guys
ive had my low coolant level warning lights pop on a few times in the past week. Should i just throw some coolant in the overflow tank or what. It seems a little low. also what type should i put in. i have that prestone 50/50 at the house i believe. will that work? thanks in advance
Kevin
I cant remember which type, but its gotta have the Dextran logo on it. Usually it will also have a GM emblem.

I would recommend that you fill the tank to full, I had this same issue and it turned out to be the water pump. It was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
05' Cadillac CTS
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill check the emblem and fill it up. if it keeps poping up then ill take it to the dealership. thanks smokin'.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Silver Smoke
173 Posts
weird. my car just told me to check my coolant too. must be the end of summer warning :( .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts