Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Just wondering if there is any way to bypass the low brake pad warning light on a 1998 Catera. I changed my front pads but unfortunately broke the sensor and now I the warning light is constantly on my dash. Is there any alternative to buying new sensors?
Thanks,
DBC

·
Registered
1998 Catera
474 Posts
cut the sensor wire and attach the 2 wires to each other, then tuck the wires out of the way. or remove the bulb from the instrument panel

·
Registered
535 Posts
easiest ways is what todd said i personally removed the bulb behind dash there are step by step instructions on forum good luck

·
Registered
Catera 98
418 Posts
Yes, but why remove a good safety feature?
Safety feature... hum... if you have your brakes inspected under a normal and regular schedule, then you really don't need a 20 $ ceramic piece (x2 as these 'sensors' are just a ceramic block with copper wire) to tell you "time to change your pads"...

Not a great safety feature... personally a false sense of security... I'd prefer the good old fashion, have them inspected, measures and checked by a person.

Just my 2 cents.

ps I have had my brake pad sensors 'jumpered' since ... 2000... my Cat's a 1998, going on 170 000Km, still running strong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts