Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy Friday All... I'm absolutely loving my Crystal Red Escalade w/ Kona. So glad I picked the Red since I dont see very many here in Dallas compared to the white/black. I get compliments on it AND the color all the time! Below, I'll list a few of my top Raves with the Escalade and few of my Concerns/Questions. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Raves:
•The performance of the front/rear LED lights at night •
The cornering lights •
Fantastic Bose Audio System •
The high quality of the Kona leather •
Navigation graphics •
LED exterior door handles •
LED interior door lighting at night •
The sound of that V8!!! •
Driver’s Assist Package goodies

Concerns/Questions: •
Does the Auto climate control still blow out air when the fan is off? I see I can still adjust the temperature when the fan is off but I’m still feeling warm/cool air from the front outer vents on the driver and passenger side.
When putting in a CD, it doesn’'t Auto play and I have to go into the CUE Audio Menu and change the media for it to play. I wish there was a “Mode” button on the steering wheel to change audio functions without having to go into CUE every time.
I wish there were some sort of “beep” confirmation when locking/unlocking the doors using the smart key buttons on the exterior door handles. •
When operating the heated/cooled seats, I wished the 3 bars for the cooling function were blue instead of “amber”.
I wish the floor mats were thicker and had better grip and I’'ve noticed the carpet in between the two second row captain’s chairs doesn’'t appear to be glued down. •
I’m shocked there isn’t a dedicated button to activate the cameras when parking.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,744 Posts
I just got to drive a premium with 360 degree camera as well as the LED. The backup as well as the 360 looks bad at night but shouldn't be a deal breaker. I think it can also be due to the LED light not emitting enough light to make it clearer. Same thing with the front LED. It looks nice aesthetically but functional wise, my hybrids HID gives a better view. I didn't believed it until I tried it last night. Other than that congrats on your P!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How is the picture on your backup camera? Have you had a car with cameras before? How does it compare?
The camera is blah... In the daytime its decent but at night its almost useless ... especially the side view cameras under the exterior mirrors. I previously had a Hyundai Equus with the 360 camera and it was impressive. You had options to change the view from front only, rear only, left mirror camera or right mirror camera. Even at night, the side cameras had good visibility. I admit that rear view ONLY cameras seem to be less pixilated than those that have the Birds-Eye View.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you get that red one from the Sewell showroom floor 2 weeks ago?
Lol no.. I special ordered my Escalade the first week in November and it was built on 12/2/15....shipped to dealer on 12/22/15 and picked up for delivery later that night. It sat at the plant here in Arlington for 20 days. I heard it was due to a software update for the 8 speed auto. Both my roof rails were scratched during transport and Sewell did a top notch job and replaced BOTH of them! ***PAY EXTRA ATTENTION TO YOUR ROOF RAILS WHEN YOU PICK UP YOUR ESCALADES**** :)

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Congratualtions on the Crystal Red. Love the color.
I already have a red Mercedes.
You could be a volunteer Fireman or Fire Chief and be all set.

Just with concerns.
The fan Off is really LOW and the fan is always on low to prevent CO poisoning in all cars for the last few decades.
my 3 bars are blue for cool and read for heat on my Platinum. Should b the same on all cars.
I agree on the button for parking or even when driving. There are times I would like to see where I am in the lane.

Happy Friday All...

I'm absolutely loving my Crystal Red Escalade w/ Kona. So glad I picked that color since I dont see very many of that color here in Dallas. I get compliments on it AND the color all the time! Below, I'll list a few of my top Raves with the Escalade and few of my Concerns/Questions. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Raves:

• The performance of the front/rear LED lights at night
• The cornering lights
• Fantastic Bose Audio System
• The high quality of the Kona leather
• Navigation graphics
• LED exterior door handles
• LED interior door lighting at night
• The sound of that V8!!!
• Driver’s Assist Package goodies

Concerns/Questions:

• Does the Auto climate control still blow out air when the fan is off? I see I can still adjust the temperature when the fan is off but I’m still feeling warm/cool air from the front outer vents on the driver and passenger side
• When putting in a CD, it doesn’t Auto play and I have to go into the CUE Audio Menu and change the media for it to play. I wish there was a “Mode” button on the steering wheel to change audio functions without having to go into CUE every time
• I wish there were some sort of “beep” confirmation when locking/unlocking the doors using the smart key buttons on the exterior door handles
• When operating the heated/cooled seats, I wished the 3 bars for the cooling function were blue instead of “amber”
• I wish the floor mats were thicker and had better grip and I’ve noticed the carpet in between the two captain’s chairs doesn’t appear to be glued down
• I’m shocked there isn’t a dedicated button to activate the cameras when parking

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zerdian1 said:
Congratualtions on the Crystal Red. Love the color. I already have a red Mercedes. You could be a volunteer Fireman or Fire Chief and be all set. Just with concerns. The fan Off is really LOW and the fan is always on low to prevent CO poisoning in all cars for the last few decades. my 3 bars are blue for cool and read for heat on my Platinum. Should b the same on all cars. I agree on the button for parking or even when driving. There are times I would like to see where I am in the lane.
Thank you Zerdian..... And thanks for the updates! I checked again and the button for the air cooled seats is blue but the high, medium and low bars are amber color. By the way, I hope you are enjoying your Platinum! ----------
evois said:
How is the recirc? Doesn't work without smelling outside odors?
Thanks for the compliment! :) From your earlier question, The roof rails are the the two rails on top of the Escalade. I keep my climate control set to AUTO so pretty much it does everything on its on. In the manual it says you can adjust the sensitivity of the air intake but I haven't found that option in my settings. Hmmmmm :/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts