Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 DHS DeVille
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was having stalling problems with my '04 DHS and of course I thought it would be EXPENSIVE to fix. Took a look through the tech tips and found that I was not alone. Ran to the local O'Reilly got a couple cans of carb/choke cleaner. Cut up an old t-shirt to catch all the dirty crap coming out of my throttle b0dy as I was cleaning it. Needless to say it was dirty along with the IAC. Put the intake back on the TB and WA LA!!! Idled like a kitten. Even got better throttle response and maybe better mileage too. All good things!! All thanks to the fine folks who post their knowledge to this forum (you know who you are)! So once again this group has saved me $$$$ and headaches!! So THANKS!!!!:)

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
I've learned so much from automotive forums. This one has already helped me improve mpg by about 1.5, just by following a similar thread about the 4.9's and how their throttle body will react to being dirty. Isn't free information grand? It's part of the reason I hope to become a site supporter in the future - to keep it around for everyone to benefit from!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts