Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got these in-window rail wind/rain guards from WeatherTech. They were expensive.

I'm not in love. I got them to keep my windows cracked when I park in open spaces due to the Texas summer heat. Indeed they do keep the car cooler. When there's a chance of rain, it's prohibitive to leave the windows cracked because in a matter of seconds the car could get really soaked.

PROS:
they work to keep the rain out, while cooling the car on a hot day. The tidiest units to do the job.

CONS:
funny looking, wind noise can be heard starting at 40MPH (not bad, but not there before)... almost sounds like the door didn't close all the way and there's some wind and exterior noise. The glass basically rubs against this plexiglass for a seal that used to be rubber on glass. The window glass "taps" this plexiglass thing and pushes it out of the way, when you roll the windows up. barely noticeable, but makes you go "hmmm."

Now some pictures.

Love it? Hate it?

over $100 smackaroos.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,626 Posts
They don't look too bad, but I can't say that I would put them on my car. I do remember that Texas sun though. Could not wait to get out of that state.

Not to change the subject, but my car is in getting the rear pass through door replaced under warranty as I type. I asked if I could have the latch for you and the service adviser said he could probably save it for me if GM does not ask for the part, which they can do up to 30 days, so I'll see if I can get it for you. Not sure how. Guess I'll have to call and remind him in 29 days. Will advise if I get it.

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't look too bad, but I can't say that I would put them on my car. I do remember that Texas sun though. Could not wait to get out of that state.

Not to change the subject, but my car is in getting the rear pass through door replaced under warranty as I type. I asked if I could have the latch for you and the service adviser said he could probably save it for me if GM does not ask for the part, which they can do up to 30 days, so I'll see if I can get it for you. Not sure how. Guess I'll have to call and remind him in 29 days. Will advise if I get it.
Thanks! The heat is the reason I tinted the windows too. Well thanks for trying! I guess they could say "latch? what latch" we're replacing it because the latch was missing too!" :shhh:

·
Registered
2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K
787 Posts
Like Ranger said it doesnt look bad but I dont think I would put them on my car. The wind noise would definetely drive me crazy though. What % is your tint?

·
Super Moderator
86,626 Posts
That probably would not be covered.

P.S. I'll move this to the Deville section.

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll move this to the Deville section.
Could it stay linked here? also possibly in the appearance modification forum?

I generally don't get many replies on the Deville section vs here, my old home room forum.

·
Super Moderator
86,626 Posts
Couldn't really leave it in the Seville section. I copied it to the appearance & mod forum.

EDIT: Ahh what the hell. I'll leave it here as well.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,124 Posts
Like Ranger said it doesnt look bad but I dont think I would put them on my car. The wind noise would definetely drive me crazy though. What % is your tint?
If I smoked..... maybe. Since I don't I wouldn't. I 've never left my windows cracked due to dust and security. I'd rather leave it closed tight and crack the windows for a minute to get the heat out until the A/C starts kicking.

·
Registered
1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD
1,589 Posts
pretty cool; looks cool from the inside and isn't all that noticable on the outside...

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,683 Posts
The wind noise is what would cause me to pull them off. Maybe take just the ones off the front windows to cut down on the wind noise and just leave the back windows cracked open to deal with the heat. :hmm:

·
Registered
'03 STS 122K, '01 STS 161K - 3/3/11
671 Posts
I couldn't deal with the wind noise.... I've thought about getting one for my moonroof.... I thought it might quiet it down when its open, but I'm afraid it will make it louder when closed.... hmmmm

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
I have them on my van to keep it ventilated while keeping rain out. I don't think I'd put them on the STS because they look funny without the tinted, blended windows - yours look great.
One thing I notice on the van is that they reduce visibility. You can't see thru the shade area very well.

·
Registered
Cadillac
11 Posts
I have them on my 99 STS and I drive about 2K miles a month and have never noticed any more wind noise with them than without them. I bought my STS last Nov with 70K on it and now have almost 90K...this car runs great...only minor maintenance and runs great...with almost no wind noise...no pic but imagine his STS but black and mine looks great...IMO

·
Registered
2001 seville sls
18 Posts
with that it looks like an import for some odd reason....it looks like a damn honda now...i swear my cousin 01' honda legend looks exactly like that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts