Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Wagon 6-Speed
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 wagon manual and was out having fun with it. While under my fourth or fifth hard acceleration I had an extremely loud pop (like a baseball hitting the car). It sounded like it came from about the rear seat area. I received no warnings or cautionary lights. I drove the car home under lighter loads but tried to isolate it but can't and the car drove fine. The car has about 3200 miles and no mods. Any ideas before I take it to a dealer?

12,778 Posts
Hello DCCTS-V,

I know you’re reaching out to other forum members for advice, but if you do end up heading to the dealership I would be more than happy to assist. Please feel free to PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealership name, and personal contact information if you would like to discuss your situation further.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Wagon 6-Speed
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sound was very similar to hitting something but I am 99.9% sure it wasn't. It sounded extremely similar to breaking a clip/bracket but I couldn't find anything. As far as the sound barrier....very likely but my speedometer was only at 40-50....wait is that in mph or Mach?

I'll just see if it happens again and then take it into the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts