Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving today i noticed this clicking noise coming form behind the dash. I pulled off the dash and couldn't find the problem. Anyone know what this is or how i can fix it? Sounds like a bomb is about to go off :eek:

Thanks for any feedback

-Ryan

·
Registered
02' Escalade - Diamond White & 11' SRX -Black Metallic Ice
10 Posts
You don't have Al Qaeda living around you do you?

Like what kind of clicking noise? Like a bomb is about to go off doesn't give us much to go off of. Does it come and go as you accelerate? Is it there at idle? Like when specifically do you really recognize the sound.

Example: I thought once, everytime that I applied the breaks I heard this rattling sound like something was rolling in my dash. Come to later find out that it was my K&N CAI that had rattled loose and every time I applied the brakes, the arm would fall forward a bit.

So while it sounds like it is in your dash, maybe it's in your engine?

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV
216 Posts
No I know precisely what he is talking about. There is another post about this but I couldn't find it either. Wait for Rolex to post in here. He knows where it is and I'm sure he will refer you to it before closing this discussion.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's almost like a loud second hand clicking noise. It just happens randomly. While driving, idling, etc... It's seems to be coming from behind the radio. I don't have any mods in the car, so it shouldn't be coming from the engine. Hopefully Rolex can help...

·
Registered
2002 Escalade
207 Posts
Its can be a relay clicking on and off, i had the same problem when i first got my 02 and it was replaced under warranty, it was a loud plastic smack/bang noise that happened once in a while. I was told it wasn't going to be a problem but had them replace it anyway. it was a relay behind the light/dome override switch, pretty deep into the dash.

·
Registered
2001 DeVille
6 Posts
I'm having the same problem. I think it has something to do with flap or whatever directs air from dash to floor. My 02 DeVille starting making a loud clicking noise (like plastic?) gears failing to mesh. I than stopped getting air from the dash outlets and all the air is directed to the floor. If anyone has any idea to what's going on, please post. I need to know how to repair problem.

·
Registered
Cadillac
215 Posts
I had the same thing. Did you ever have youre dash board replaced under warranty?

I used to have that problems. The gauges stopped working and I had the gauges fixed because of a recall. I haven't heard it since.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 2005 Escalade ESV and I am experiencing a clicking noise that seems to be coming from under the dash behind the steering wheel. This noise happens when car is shut off or started and usually starts after car has sit shut off overnite. I can go out in the morning and the clicking noise can be heard and it seems to be going all night long, because it drains my battery, I even replaced the battery thinking it was maybe getting old when I couldn't start it one morning, but the new battery eventually went dead as well. This noise sounds like a relay that is clicking on/off.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No I know precisely what he is talking about. There is another post about this but I couldn't find it either. Wait for Rolex to post in here. He knows where it is and I'm sure he will refer you to it before closing this discussion.
I have 2005 Escalade ESV and I am experiencing a clicking noise that seems to be coming from under the dash behind the steering wheel. This noise happens when car is shut off or started and usually starts after car has sit shut off overnite. I can go out in the morning and the clicking noise can be heard and it seems to be going all night long, because it drains my battery, I even replaced the battery thinking it was maybe getting old when I couldn't start it one morning, but the new battery eventually went dead as well. This noise sounds like a relay that is clicking on/off.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts