Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok where to start..lol
I have a 1999 deville, with very few bells and whistles.

I noticed in my trunk there is a 10 pin connector that I am assuming is for a cd changer even though the car didnt come with a cd changer from factory.

So the gears start turning in me head.
I would like memory/heated/lumbar seats, being that I am 6'4" and my wife is 5'1". I drive a lifted up Jeep mostly but when I want to drive the Cadi, I have to open the door and hold the seat adjuster back for about 20 seconds, till it goes all the way back.

Since I found the connector in the trunk, it makes me wonder if the car is wired for all the options. I mean can I put a factory changer back there?
And can I swap in some heated memory seats, and find a door controler from a wrecking yard and swap that in? Just by useing the factory harnesses?
Your help is appreciated.
Blind

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
As far as the changer goes I think as long as your stereo has a button marked SOURCE it should just plug in. The other options get a little tricky. I belive there is a different body computer for cars equipped with the personization package (memory seats, etc), I AM NOT positive about that and hopefully someone will come along with a better answer. One word of advise, get to a GM dealer and get your coolant changed!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response.
The crackheads couldnt change a light bulb.
I dont think its ever been changed. Can I do it myself?
I have heard of some special additive that prevents head gasket leaking or something like that?

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
BlindDude said:
Thanks for the response.
The crackheads couldnt change a light bulb.
I dont think its ever been changed. Can I do it myself?
I have heard of some special additive that prevents head gasket leaking or something like that?
Yeah there is. Do a search and you should find some posts about changing the antifreeze. There's information about it around here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts