Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2000 Seville STS
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just felt like getting some other opinions (sorry this will be a long post). Currently have 00' STS with 94,000 miles on it. Aftermarket warranty good till 100,000. I recently brought it to the dealer to check a few things out. Have issues with parking lot maneuvers and the steering tough to turn and rpms moving around, blower motor noise during hot weather w/ ac on, also water pump pully makes clicking noises when car is cold, and lastly an oil leak I noticed when I changed the oil last weekend. So I took it to the dealer to have the check it out. Spent close to 4 hours there on Thursday, Dealer came back saying the steering pump is going bad, blower motor also, lower case seal leaking, and while test driving it they noticed some play in the front suspension. Lifted it and found right front hub bearing going bad. So my tech called it in. Warranty company calls me suggesting I take it to an independent repair shop for a second looking. I took off Friday hoping to get stuff rolling. So after paying a little over $200 for diags and such, I went home. Took it to my local Goodyear for the second quote. Only thing they can find wrong is the leak. They are keeping it over the weekend to try cold starts and hopefully find my other problems. But they say the hub is fine. So warranty company sets everything up for the oil leak to be fixed by Goodyear (2 days to fix). Ask about a rental car, Told $35 a day for 3 days unless Goodyear finds anything else wrong. Call Enterprise to get car. $35 is good for a small compact (they dont have any), $45 for an impala (wont have till 5). But that will do it for now. Apprecate any input. Also wanted to know who youd believe seeing as goodyear cant find anything wrong besides the leak. Thanks

MacK

· Registered
2000 Seville STS
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not that I dont think Goodyear knows anything. I think they can do some things. The rest of my family takes their cars to them so their pretty well trusted in the fam. I just think with the issues im having that Goodyear just doesnt have the experience on it. And as far as the warranty company willing to pay the $1,100 for Goodyear to fix the oil leak verses the dealers $2,300. I couldnt shell out that kinda cash. But I would very much prefer them to do it because they specialize in Cadillacs. But as of right now, Goodyear cannont see anything wrong with anything else that was stated bad by the dealer (and 3 of the 4 I can vouch for). I just think im going to get screwed by this warranty company because the other stuff will go completely bad just after the warranty is up.
Thanks
MacK

· Registered
2000 Seville STS
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the oil leak is being fixed as we speak, well actually tomorrow till tuesday (by goodyear though). Only thing I have to pay is $20 for oil and filter. As far as everything else, because goodyear cant find anything wrong (do the the fact they arent familiar with cadillacs), nothings getting changed. Im just trying to get all little problems (some big) done before my warranties up. For the water pump, its just an annoying ticking untill the car warms up. And the blower motor only makes noise when its 90+ degrees out and the ac is on. It was replaced 7 or so months ago. And isnt the blower motor a hard thing to replace?

MacK

· Registered
2000 Seville STS
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
91Texas I would like to thank you for your input. I would like to say I believe I am the type of person that can easily be taken advantage of, and I need to learn to avoid it. Your words have inspired me to pursue further action. I have not heard further from Goodyear about the other problems Cadillac stated as bad. One of the issues is kind of worrying as far as safety is concerned, the power steering pump. I can see that causing an accident if it did go unless I am wrong? I dont think Goodyear hooked it up to the diagnostics, because from what ive been told, it just seems like theyve just test driving it trying to make the symptoms happen. But I will see what my father thinks about consulting a legal counsultant. Also will get my warranty papers from my car and read them over. But if I do go through with this I am just worried that maybe the dealer stated things wrong that arent really wrong thinking the warranty company would just ok the work to be done.

MacK

· Registered
2000 Seville STS
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For the steering pump, I wasent getting a leak. The only leak was the oil leak.The pump thought ive been getting some binding in parking lot maneuvers. Also rmp's would go down. I dont know what exactly is going wrong, but the dealer says its loosing pressure. Not sure if that changes anything. Im kind of thinking I should take it to yet another dealer or cadillac shop. I havent yet talked with my dad about possibly pursuing legal action or now.

MacK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.