Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , can anyone help me with this slight problem of my 86 fwd deville having no brake servo since we have had so minus degrees weather. i pulled the vac pipe from the servo and there is no suction, also the parking brake won`t release.
I was wondering if that motor infront of the drivers side wheel has anything to do with it, it has been disconnected, but everything has worked fine untill we have had this cold weather.
When connected the motor near the drivers front wheel runs constantly and it makes a racket, should it run all the time?

thanks Matt

·
Registered
'90 DeVille '97 DeVille
83 Posts
My '90 DeVille has a little motor in that location, but it is the load leveler. I unplugged it because it was "chattering" all the time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This isn`t the load levelling motor on mine, the load leveller can be seen when you open the bonnet (hood) to the right. The unit i mean is right under the front wing ( fender) drivers side, you have to go under the car to see it. Really not sure what it does , and why it`s faulty , it must do something , though its unplugged everything works.

I found out why i had no brake servo and parking brake release, there was water in the vac lines that had frozen, hot bucket of water sorted that,but the ice was where this redundant motor ( pump) is , hhhmmm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts