Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me that aftermarket headers have showed a loss of power on a Dyno. Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
No, I don't buy that in the slightest. Removing a restriction can seldom be a bad thing.

What this person may be confusing is the reduction in boost, which is fairly common with the installation of headers, but that is NOT a bad thing here, as CFM is the key, not boost. Boost is nothing more than a measure of restriction, not power.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why does the lingenfelter 700+ package come without headers and a heat exchanger. Also what is their pulley combo on that setup?

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe...
194 Posts
LPE told me headers will not produce marked gains in hp....LPE is working on a HX for their package according to Jeff. I believe they use a 2.55 / 8.6 combo - hope this was helpful

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Why does the lingenfelter 700+ package come without headers and a heat exchanger. Also what is their pulley combo on that setup?
I surely hope this isn't the reason why someone would think that headers causes a decrease in power...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Headers, x-pipe and tune is good for a solid 20-25whp gain with a reduction of ~1 pound of boost... Most do the combo, not sure what just headers would do without the x-pipe...

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Wagon
30 Posts
LPE told me headers will not produce marked gains in hp....LPE is working on a HX for their package according to Jeff. I believe they use a 2.55 / 8.6 combo - hope this was helpful
Wow......

Even if I made some very crude long tube headers in my garage, they would still make a slight increase in power on any LS motor. Let alone, a well made set of long tubes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts