Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help i am a cad tech at cad dealer 15 yrs hava a 96 seville. starts perfect runs perfect untill drop in rev or drive loses all data lights flash radio goes out ac head blank will still run and drive limp mode. unplgged ac control module all clears up. so replaced it with salvage unit still does prob. checked all powers and grounds. run redundet grounds. but only does in gear not in park or neutral. was thinking it could be pcm losing class 2 or shorting it out ?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,031 Posts
Hmmmmmmm.......What turns on when the shift is placed in D? DRL's, what else. For a 96, that's OBD-I, maybe some -II if it's a late build. Can't figure how the A/C module would affect the whole system unless something's very wrong with the compressor or clutch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well ac doesnt have to be on. clutch unplugged even unplugged trans. tryed every thing i could think of tech asstance wont help to old wont even even talk to me. its an old p/s from used car lot of course owner wont spend no money

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,549 Posts
Just a shot in the dark and from the hip to boot, but is there any chance of a bad PRNDL switch causing this problem?

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
As long as we are taking shots in the dark, look around under the dash, glovebox for an amatuer hidden homemade switch. I could expand on this, but not relevent or a good use of time. Suffice it to say, that ended up being "the gremlin" once. Like I said, just a shot in the dark, but now the first thing I look for when the car becomes "disabled". Some sort of wacky homemade security system. If you can get prior owner's name from your dealer, call and see if they had any type of kill switch. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts