Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-40C driving at 120km
During acceleration pass this point Engine light was flashing on and off and I heard a clunk 3 times there is no problems with normal driving and acceleration at lower speed

This was every time I accelerated heavy past 120
Any ideas what this is

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
Dunno what the code stands for.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
Thanks, techtype.

Are we looking at a coilpack problem?

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,337 Posts
Could be a plug, depending upon mileage. Mine had some odd stuttering on the highway that was resolved with new plugs. Interestingly enough, mine never set a misfire code when it did it.

·
Registered
CTS 2008 3.6DI Sport Luxury
1,027 Posts
To have the misfire code the misfire has to occur several times in some short period of time. One misfire some times may happens.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
To have the misfire code the misfire has to occur several times in some short period of time. One misfire some times may happens.
Mine was doing it about 5 times in 2-3 seconds. I would have thought that would have tripped the CEL, but mine didn't. Odd.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
See what cylinder the misfire is on. Maybe try plugs, they're rather cheap. If you suspect a coil, swap coils with another cylinder and see if the misfire follows the coil. If it does, it's the coil. If not, might be the plug. Consider valve coked up with oil sludge for the DI engine also.

·
Registered
2008 CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At dealership now only need a tune up thankfully that was all

----------

Thanks for the help everyone :0)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts