Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might sound stuupid, but I just took my ride to the dealership today b/c of the service engine soon light coming on. In about 10 seconds the guy figured it out, my gas cap wasn't tightened all the way. I felt like a dumbassss, just letting yall kno to not make the same mistake. The service guy said, "Yeah, a lot of people have been coming in for this, iono, could be the hollidays or somethin, it's making people forget to tighten it up." haha

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
If it happens again. Tightening it just doesn't make the error message go away. It make take a couple of days to make the message go away or disconnect the battery to make it go away faster. Glad it was a easy fix though.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
The rule is "3 clicks" when you install it.
I have lots count of the hundreds of these I have seen.
It's been an issue since OBD-II came out in '96 (some '95 models were also OBD-II).
And that is most true, the diagnostic requires many specific conditions to run so it may actually take days to pass the test enough times to turn the light out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This happened to me except I got an error message that said "Gas cap loose.." or something to that effect. I tightened it and all errors cleared quickly ... 04 Lade

1 - 8 of 8 Posts