Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CLS500
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all. Im very new new to this forum and this is my first Cadillac. I just got a 2007 Escalade 3 months ago (Traded my 06 Range Rover). I love everything in this vehicle except I still need to get use to its soft steering feel.
Anyways, I noticed that whenever I hit potholes on the freeway (it has 22 in wheels), the driver's door shakes more than the overall vehicle. I checked, pushed and shaked the door myself but it seems tight. Seems like it only happens when the suspension flexes the vehecle frame or something. However, I noticed that the door is not completely flush to the front body panel. Door is about 2-3 mm higher or protruding outwards. I blew some air from my mouth to see if this creates the wind noise that were discussed here many times. Dang, it scoops a lot of air forcing it to go inside the door. I knew this wind noise has been discussed here many times but anybody experience the same shaking door problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I guess have the dealer or yourself check the mounting bolts on the frame. I have seen weirder things, like an Escalade with door that was not installed right so there was no door stop. First time opened ...................screech. Hmmm bent fender and door.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts