Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac sts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a scan on my 2006 Cadillac sts and got the p0008, p0009,p0016, and p0016 codes. I took it to the garage and they changed my timing chain. Now I have scanned it and it says that loop status bank 1 and 2 are closed is this normal? How can I fix it and what might have caused it. Any info is greatly appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
415 Posts
There is closed loop and open loop. One is as it is warming up the cats. The other is after the cats are warmed up. So no problem as long as it starts in one and goes to the other. I forget which label goes with which condition. It is late. lol. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac sts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a scan on my 2006 Cadillac sts and got the p0008, p0009,p0016, and p0016 codes. I took it to the garage and they changed my timing chain. Now I have scanned it and it says that loop status bank 1 and 2 are closed is this normal? How can I fix it and what might have caused it. Any info is greatly appreciated thank you.
There is closed loop and open loop. One is as it is warming up the cats. The other is after the cats are warmed up. So no problem as long as it starts in one and goes to the other. I forget which label goes with which condition. It is late. lol. Good Luck.
The first 2 stay closed no matter what and the second to go between the two. Could it just be a sensor that went out?

·
Registered
2008 STS Northstar RWD, 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 spd, 1968 LeMans convertible 6.6
228 Posts
Closed loop is what you want. That is normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts